best wildlife cam

ezra

who do you guys think has the best wild life cams? best pic quality
wife wants 1 for x mass to keep at the cabin .
don't really care about cost in fact if it is good and worth it I prefer to spend some money and make it her big present so I can be done shopping after that.
and I do not plan on having Wi-Fi at cabin ever if that matters

T

Tracker

game cam...for your wife eh? sure....let me help you on your choice FOR HER.....you dual bag...LMAO

T

Tracker

I know ezra....get her a beer making kit at 1:36.....too much dude...trail cam...AHAHAHAHAhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

mrbb

IMO the best cam's on they market now, will be the Buckeye cam, and the reconyx brand camera's
they are by far less prone to issue's
I have been using remote triggered cam's since the early 90's with 35 mm film, I have bought 100+ cams over the yrs, far too many get stolen in my area< and based on my experience, ALL other brands are like pick of the litter, some times you get a great one some times you get one that works iffy at best.

things to consider when looking at trail cams will be things that matter to you
pic quality, personally 8 mp cam's take very nice pic's in day time, and ALL IR cam's are not so great at night, there are a few camera companys that still make color REAL flash camera's that take color pic's at night, I prefer them to be honest, due the much higher quality of the pic;s
but they also lead to more cams being stolen, as the flash can be seen from a LONG ways(500+ yards away ) and they suck battery power down a LOT faster, so less pic's on a set of battery's
which brings up battery life, the higher the MP of the cam, the more they IMO tend to drain power, some camera's offer solar panels to keep them running, and if in a remote place or not planning to cherck camera often, I highly suggest this set up, cold/temps, , amount of pic,. how many IR/s/flash power, all determine how long battery's last
a very important feature to me on cam's is a FAST wake up time and trigger time

this is where a lot of cheaper cams drop the ball, there SLOW to wake up,and or miss many many things, due to so slow a wake up, and then slow trigger speed if active, you end up with pic's of nothing, defeating the point of a remote trigger cam, as most want to see what triggered things?

but at same time, seem times cheaper cam's are worth there costs, if the odds of them growing legs is high, replacing 600+ dollar cams when one gets stolen grows old real fast and them 50-100 buck cams start to seem like better idea's, can run a few cams and get more details on things running your property!

but hands down , the reconyx and buckeye cam's are the top of the shelf in cam's
be glad to offer more info if you like, have q lot of experience with trail cams

ezra

I know ezra....get her a beer making kit at 1:36.....too much dude...trail cam...AHAHAHAHAhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

no man it is for her I could give two squirts about hunting etc .she has asked a few times for 1 for xmass . she is big in to photography and animals etc .
she has plenty of high end cameras and lenses but wants one to strap to the trees to watch what comes around when she is not there . also she is the only reason I own a fishing boat . fishing yeah not my thing but she will take the boat out and go fishing with out me every night if I am not there .

and no dfatatak I don't think it needs remote access mostly because I do not want to pay for internet at the cabin . if I really need internet I can drive a mile to get it on my phone .
would like it to be ez to download or better just scroll through on the cam it self to see if worth downloading.
now if I was to ask her she would be saying yes we need remote access then telling me to pay the internet bill

mrbb

they sell SD card readers so you can view things that way before loading into a PC or??, trying to view things on the small aZZ screens in some cam's is for folks with super vision , way too easy to miss details and just not see what is really in a pic!
I can get a few thousand pic's in a week on some of my cam's(over feeders or food plots)
so trying to look thru them on a 2 inch screen would bug my eye's out of me head! HAHA! you can also just stick a SD card into a notebook or like device and NOT need internet to view things too!

word of advice, by TWO sd cards and ONLY use the same two sd cards in SAME camera, I have found over the yrs if you mix cards up, using in other devices, it seems to screw up the camera's or just get shorter lives out of them before they go bonkers on you!
I find writing on SD card with WHITE OUT, a #1-2, or likes, makes life easier, and also when checking camera, you just walk up, swap cards and your on your way!

snocrazy

they sell SD card readers so you can view things that way before loading into a PC or??, trying to view things on the small aZZ screens in some cam's is for folks with super vision , way too easy to miss details and just not see what is really in a pic!
I can get a few thousand pic's in a week on some of my cam's(over feeders or food plots)
so trying to look thru them on a 2 inch screen would bug my eye's out of me head! HAHA! you can also just stick a SD card into a notebook or like device and NOT need internet to view things too!

word of advice, by TWO sd cards and ONLY use the same two sd cards in SAME camera, I have found over the yrs if you mix cards up, using in other devices, it seems to screw up the camera's or just get shorter lives out of them before they go bonkers on you!
I find writing on SD card with WHITE OUT, a #1-2, or likes, makes life easier, and also when checking camera, you just walk up, swap cards and your on your way!

So you dont have to worry about card swapping..... I always format the card in the camera when swapping out.
Even if I deleted all of the pics (moving them to pc).

snocrazy

frnash

Check (click →) this one (YouTube video, 2 min + 49 sec.)
Camera was left unattended and forgotten for two years, and that's what it captured!

Once it was set up, the owner forgot about it … when his son spotted it and made a compilation of some of the more interesting visitors the cam captured over that year.
Quoted from the video:
"My father set a trail camera out a the end of deer season 2013, on our property north of Escanaba. He forgot about it, and it stayed there for over two years, before I saw it while walking down the trail in November 2015. It had taken photos for over a year! We were amazed to see many pictures of deer, wolves, hare, coyotes, bears and bobcats."

sweeperguy

Lots of wolves. Which can be good or bad. They were healthy size also

But yea that cat WHOLLY SMOKES very cool to see