Big news!! Textron buys cat!!!!

kip

Yes you can buy a Polaris ATV right now folks. Cat ATV's really aren't all that bad, problem is they're over priced and they don't have the credentials as a ATV company to be over priced in my humble opinion.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Plus, if when you are talking about ATV's you are speaking of single person 4 wheelers, that is one thing. SXS is another. Cat makes an awesome sport SXS. The RZR is a winner and has been king of the hill for a long time, but there is also a herd mentality out there now. Lots of great choices besides the RZR if you are willing to stray from the herd.

-John

slimcake

Ya when I was up visiting the Yoop this spring I got invited on a mud run... man what a blast. But with all the hopped up wheelers in that bunch that stock wildcat impressed me the most. Don't know if it was driver ability or what.... IMG_20160507_161538945.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160507_142308975.jpg
    IMG_20160507_142308975.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 37

1fujifilm

Yes you can buy a Polaris ATV right now folks. Cat ATV's really aren't all that bad, problem is they're over priced and they don't have the credentials as a ATV company to be over priced in my humble opinion.

From my humble experience Polaris ATV's have the best depreciation (lowest) when the buyer purchases at the correct time of year. For instance a base new old stock leftover 570 goes for roughly $5,150, you can sell that for $5k all day one year later. I do have done this since 2012 just to have an extra unit on property for the kids etc.
I have ridden the Cat competitor that is usually a few hundred less but they don't put all of their HP to the ground and the same CC model is overall slower.

Bear

durphee

Slimcake, that looks like a great time! We ride 4 wheelers around Hayward in the summer and its a great time. Always looking for new areas! Were going to upgrade from the 4 wheelers to the SXS this year, looking forward to the new ride.

ezra

I don't think you can buy a Pol ATV right now anyway. They are all recalled because they burn up. That said they are still better than an AC ATV. You are right - the Govt. doesn't care. They probably run them until they are out of gas and then just throw them away.

my brother-in-law was a contractor for over 10 yrs over there . they both kbr and Halliburton brought the drone team a new drone recovery unit "poo sxs " about every 3 mo . now they drove these things from a storage container less than 4 blocks 6 times a day max . never out of the wire if they happened to go down the army went out to get the parts . .

kip

We really don't know what it means yet:) I have a very good friend that works for Textron and he's not even sure what's happening yet.

Woodtic

I hope they start treating their dealers better. I own Cats and they make great sleds. I like the new Cat 600. The 800 looks promising but I don't need all that power. Since I don't ride all that fast and take it easy,no need for the 800 power. :)

ezra

I hope they start treating their dealers better. I own Cats and they make great sleds. I like the new Cat 600. The 800 looks promising but I don't need all that power. Since I don't ride all that fast and take it easy,no need for the 800 power. :)
if u just use the liner with wings for light flow days U should be ok