Big payday for Erin Andrews

ezra

not to mention now every one knows who she is as apposed to just people who follow collage sports.
prop made her next contract worth 3x more.

eagle1

Heard they could of settled the case for 10 million but choose not too.
I say good for her!! My .02
Blame was 51% perp and 49% hotel. So doubt she'll see all of it.

J.Glenn

Agreed she won't see all of it. That's about $28M from the perp. He surely doesn't have that money laying around. Even if his wages are garnished/whatever you want to call it, she'll see a very small fraction of that 51% over his lifetime and hers. The hotel will likely appeal their 49% also so it'll be some time yet before she sees any money.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

That's a crazy amount! People get far less when a death is involved. It will be reduced on appeal.

slimcake

If people hadn't seen the video before I am sure it was a trending search topic.... No such thing as bad publicity.... Don't understand the 50 mil. Just another reason people think this country is so f'd up.....

timo

You gotta be kidding,,, good for her???

oh yah she's so permanently scared we should just throw 59 million at her.
her career has not ben affected one way or another, its prolly made her more famous. this amount is ludicrous.
I have no issue compensating the lady but come on lets keep it within reason. When everyone bitch's and moans about insurance premiums you can thank this asinine verdict.

eagle1

So if some creap videos your son/daughter and puts it on web you don't they would be deeply scarred? How would they feel walking into work everyday in front of co-workers? Could you imagine going to your work and having co-workers watching and talking about a video of your son/daughter!?
Im not really say what amount is right or wrong i guess. Money amount I'm sure is set by precedent, plus earnings and I'm sure she'll only see a fraction of it.
Fortunately, (unfortunately depending on how you look at it) we as a society have really become desensitized to nudity where as she should be able to resume her career.

eagle1

Guess what I'm trying to say is "what price would you.put on your on your child's privacy?"

have to agree with you Eagle1. Put your wife or daughter in her position and live with it for the rest of your life when people 20 years from now can google everything on anyone.
The high amount I am sure to send a message to any other hotel/motels from this happening again.

jccams

I also agree with Eagle1. We are not talking about affects on her career it is the damage that has been inflicted on her person. I do not think there are many people that would like to have who knows how many people watching a naked video of you, your wife or kids that was illegally taken.

mezz

I may be wrong, but, I think that the conclusion of this trial is the "moral" victory that she would be most pleased with, not the $. I'm certain she already knew & knows that the perp will have little to give her by way of the judgment, he was desperate to do what he did for $, so no financial loss there. As far as the hotel is concerned, as mentioned above, they may be able to appeal the amount down, but, they will be on the hook regardless for their negligence. Being a father of 4 daughters, I can guarantee you, this would be emotionally damaging regardless, as a parent, you hurt ten fold for your kids. Hopefully, she will be able to move on without too much anguish & continue to be successful.-Mezz

timo

I question the sincerity and validity of her claims and how much this has hurt her.
Shortly after this went down she signed on to do dancing with the stars. she still does college football and the NFL. the lady is on tv more days than Lester Holt. She still spends more days in hotel rooms than her own house. I think it was a money grab and she got it. Obviously she won't get it all but my personal opinion is 55mill is way too much.

timo

eagle 1,,,
as I stated earlier I have no problem with her getting compensated she should. Just the amount is a little much in my opinion.

upbarleyboy

What has our world come to? She gets $55 million cuz' somebody saw her naked body, and I'd have to pay $55 million to have somebody look at my naked body.

Double standard discrimination hard at work!

Highflyer

At the end of the day she won't see even half of the 55 Million. Marriott has to pay 49% of the 55 million and the perp 51%. He is now broke because of this according to news reports so if she even sees a dollar from this dude she will be lucky. That brings the total down to 26 million that Marriott will owe her. They have that money so she will get that minus what she owes her lawyer and taxes. My guess is she sees 13 million but that doesn't make for a good headline........

whitedust

IDK about 55,000,000 total but Marriott does not get off free on this one imo. You pay for a hotel room and expect security & the last thing you would expect is to end up nude on the internet because of the paid hotel room. When you go in the jury pool for this type of case the 1st thing they ask you do you have a problem granting large sums of money to someone for damages? Is the Marriott award too high maybe but they were willing to settle for 11,000,000 Erin said no.

old abe

IMO, the so called "HOT SHOT" ladies are all over the place anymore. Weather forecasting, sporting events of all kinds, news programs, and on, and on. Just what have we here????? It's all to draw attention. They are just "bait" to increase number of people watching what ever it may be. I like to see a attractive, well dressed woman just like anyone else. I believe this will also bring out the bad types such as in this happening. This type thing we will see more of. Hoping no worse than vid's or pictures. Now we have Erin dancing with the stars. So do you think more people will be watching????? As for the $$$$$$$$$$$? I'm sure she will benefit from this in many, many ways. And as intended, she wanted to be "watched" didn't she? Just not in this way! Not making excuses, just the facts. And no, I have not watched the vid, and will not watch it.

timo

eagle 1,,,
as I stated earlier I have no problem with her getting compensated she should. Just the amount is a little much in my opinion.

the average wrongful death suit in america in 3.5 million. She got 51.5 million MORE,,, and is still alive.

I rest my case.