Birds

MZEMS2

Yeah yeah, I know...this is a sledding site. But does anyone else watch/feed birds? I ask because today I peek outside at the feeders and they're loaded up with blue jays. I haven't seen a single blue jay since spring. Something changed overnight!! Gotta love fall in WI.

groomerdriver

Yeah yeah, I know...this is a sledding site. But does anyone else watch/feed birds? I ask because today I peek outside at the feeders and they're loaded up with blue jays. I haven't seen a single blue jay since spring. Something changed overnight!! Gotta love fall in WI.

We see them all year at our feeders but in the last week they are here all the time. Stashing food away for the winter I guess. As soon as I put a fresh load of peanuts out, they're there to gulp them up and haul them away. Drinking lots of water too.

ezra

2 weekends ago I was in the north shore never saw so many robins in my life . thick hundreds just in the yard at the cabin and 1000s flying around from as far north as the gunflint and south to Duluth could not look for more than a second and not see one