Black Hills

600_RMK_144

From "another" forum below. Word is they were out grooming last night...

Rode the trails yesterday up by Rec Springs. Thankfully, they weren't groomed, and I had about 2 feet of pow to ride on the entire day! I wouldn't venture off trail just yet however. This will serve as a good base, but we still need another storm or two like this one before I'll truly ride the hills.

red_dog

Just got back from Black Hills. Was cold and plenty of snow. Rode right into Lead. Been cold so trails were hard and fast. Plenty of snow for offtrail but still could use more watch out for rocks and stumps. Appears to have been some logging going on and chunks of wood scattered all over on\off trail.

ezra

I would deff do a long weekend if the snow was good . left a pm on rec springs facebook also but got no feed back .
takes me like 1.5 more hours to get to lead than calumet

warner

it's a 14 hour ride for me and only 5 1/2 to 6 to the u.p.
i wanna try n make the hills this year if my clown posse is up for it....( some are weak)

ezra

IMHO if u ride trail the best in the country . the grooming is impeccable.
if a forest road rider tons of un plowed roads
if they have the snow good off trail with something for every one from light trees tight steep trees and tons of meadows.
U also have to take in to account that 5.5 is prob in good conditions?
it takes a 6.5 to 7 ish to calumet but has many times taken more than 10. yes u know the snow is going to be good that whole slow drive.
heading to the hills U rarely get anything bad until poss deadwood

millerjpia

Does anyone have any current trail conditions for the Black Hills? Not going off trail. Looking to possibly head that way in a couple weeks, but have seen the temps were warm into the 40s this past week.