Boulder, Sayner, MW 3/2 ride

pclark

Got my work done by noon today so it was time for a ride, left MW and rode over to BJ, trails not groomed but nice, south to Sayner, trails awesome, lots of people out today. Out of Sayner west, northwest back up to MW, once in MW, I hopped on Rest Lakeand road over to the dam so I didn't have to go through downtown, lake trail was fine if you stayed where the tracks are. I got over by the Pea Patch/Bridge/Dam area and came across a guy that had gone through the ice close to shore, his sled was in about 2ft of water, skis under the ice in front and about 5 of us were able to break away some ice and pull it backwards enough to get it up on the ice. After that I rode across the lake and took the trail back home. Hope fully trails will hold up this weekend, temps will be pushing 40 for the next 4 days so I'm glad I got out today. Pics show trails in the woods, in town, and a wet snowmobile that was pulled out of Rest lake. Also did a little ice fishing Wednesday late afternoon and where we drilled the holes it was only 18" thick, typically it's 2ft thick right now, be careful on the lakes!

1677802863682.png
1677802891967.png
1677802930252.png
1677802983011.png
1677803014433.png
1677803052465.png
1677803086279.png
1677803120608.png
1677803168707.png
1677803200057.png

hermie

I rode from Saint Germain to Arbor Vitae to Lake Tom down to Rhinelander back through sugar camp to 3 lakes To Eagle River back to Saint Germain. Most of the trails were the best they been all year. A few burnt spots but nothing major. I think as long as it is cloudy as they are saying it going to be trails will hold up just fine and then more snow Sunday into Monday and John has maybe another one Thursday with much colder temps could end up being one PXL_20230302_190331249.jpg PXL_20230302_213859090.jpg the better Marches for riding in quite some time.

Last edited:

Longlegs

We put on 600 miles since Tuesday afternoon out of Minocqua. Best trails I’ve ridden. Yeah you need to know what trails have road sections to avoid. We rode everyrhing from Willow flowage to island lake to Hurley and Boulder, and Lake Tom yesterday. Today went thru Big Arb up to PI to Bergland to Lake of the clouds, South Boundary back to Winchester, to MW back thru Boulder to Minocqua. Seriously couldn’t have been better riding.

Got my work done by noon today so it was time for a ride, left MW and rode over to BJ, trails not groomed but nice, south to Sayner, trails awesome, lots of people tkanks for the picsout today. Out of Sayner west, northwest back up to MW, once in MW, I hopped on Rest Lakeand road over to the dam so I didn't have to go through downtown, lake trail was fine if you stayed where the tracks are. I got over by the Pea Patch/Bridge/Dam area and came across a guy that had gone through the ice close to shore, his sled was in about 2ft of water, skis under the ice in front and about 5 of us were able to break away some ice and pull it backwards enough to get it up on the ice. After that I rode across the lake and took the trail back home. Hope fully trails will hold up this weekend, temps will be pushing 40 for the next 4 days so I'm glad I got out today. Pics show trails in the woods, in town, and a wet snowmobile that was pulled out of Rest lake. Also did a little ice fishing Wednesday late afternoon and where we drilled the holes it was only 18" thick, typically it's 2ft thick right now, be careful on the lakes!

View attachment 68075
View attachment 68076
View attachment 68077
View attachment 68078
View attachment 68079
View attachment 68080
View attachment 68081
View attachment 68082
View attachment 68083
View attachment 68084
Pclark, guy was fortunate you came along and that he wasn't in any deeper water. Just curious are the fish getting a little more active? Love the pics too! Thanks for the updates this season.

pclark

Starlaker, Yes he was fortunate as the dam is literally 70 feet to the west of where he went through. there were two other guys that helped as well that were good guys, I'm sure more people would have helped out if we wouldn't have been able to get him out. We were out Wednesday around 4:30pm until 6:30pm and nothing was biting but we were walleye fishing. Panfishing looks like it is starting heat up and with the weather becoming nice there are a lot of guys out on the ice. They are saying 6-10" of snow Sunday night into Monday so it looks like the riding season continues.

Starlaker, Yes he was fortunate as the dam is literally 70 feet to the west of where he went through. there were two other guys that helped as well that were good guys, I'm sure more people would have helped out if we wouldn't have been able to get him out. We were out Wednesday around 4:30pm until 6:30pm and nothing was biting but we were walleye fishing. Panfishing looks like it is starting heat up and with the weather becoming nice there are a lot of guys out on the ice. They are saying 6-10" of snow Sunday night into Monday so it looks like the riding season continues.
Just saw the forecast it will be something if they are right, can't believe we might get lucky and pull one more after this weekend, Yeah!

pclark

Well, we made through the day today and trails still look pretty nice. It was cloudy this afternoon and 37, have one more day to deal with but forecasting 41 and partly cloudy.

Well, we made through the day today and trails still look pretty nice. It was cloudy this afternoon and 37, have one more day to deal with but forecasting 41 and partly cloudy.
heading up in a few should be riding by 7, was watching some of the live cams yesterday looks like heavy traffic again this weekend, we are usually getting off the trail by the time it's getting busy. Going to miss these early morning rides once we have to call it a season.

pclark

8 degrees this morning so trails must have set up pretty well but already bright sunshine at 7:30am, says cloudy and 41 today. Smart to get your riding in early but it being a Sunday most only go for a short ride and head home. Winter Weather Advisory for tonight and Monday, 4-6" snow, if we get it things will be nice again:)

indy_500

8 degrees this morning so trails must have set up pretty well but already bright sunshine at 7:30am, says cloudy and 41 today. Smart to get your riding in early but it being a Sunday most only go for a short ride and head home. Winter Weather Advisory for tonight and Monday, 4-6" snow, if we get it things will be nice again:)
Another storm Friday!

wisco-mb

I based out of Eagle River this last weekend. Trails were superb all Thurs and Friday morning. Very good! They started softening up Friday afternoon, but firmed up very well over the nights.
Same thing Saturday morning. Excellent in the morning. We were done riding by around 2 on Saturday. I had my little man with, so it was pool time!
Looks like another good week of conditions with the new snow. :)