Boyesen super stock reed petals

ridehard

Anyone ever try Boyesen superstock reed petals with your stock reed cage? Any noticable gains? did it clean up the bottom end? I got a 2009 AC Xfire 800.

ridehard

I pulled out my reeds and the bottom reeds on both cylinders have the outside corner edges broken off. 2009 AC 800 XFire. about 4500 miles. I ordered the Boyesen super stock reeds to put in.

ezra

the boyesen reeds are deff better than the chipping v force.
do u have a aftermarket Y pipe on it yet?
that would help the fat bottom end mapping a bit.
a boondocker is the best way

ridehard

the boyesen reeds are deff better than the chipping v force.
do u have a aftermarket Y pipe on it yet?
that would help the fat bottom end mapping a bit.
a boondocker is the best way

Yes I see all the reports in forums about the Vforce chipping that is why I went with the Boyesen. Yes on the new Y pipe, mine had a crack in it so what better time to upgrade. Went with the SPI, they said 4 to 5 HP gain. I had to machine the mounting face of the new Y pipe though. They welded it all together and then think the metal will not warp. I had to remove .045 just to get full clean up. The original cat Y pipe was machined flat not sure what SPI was thinking.

ezra

lots of full pipe sets on snowest for that thing .
my bud has slp set up on his 09M8 and when my 11 m8 was stock we were neck and neck.
if I had a non HO I would deff pipe her.
he has 3k on it piped now still no issues

ridehard

2009 Arctic Cat Crossfire Boyesen reeds

Decided to check my reeds in my sled and found only the bottom reeds had chipped off outer edges on both cylinders. My sled has about 4500 miles on it so if yours is around this it may be worth a look. It still ran good but loaded up on bottom end when idling. I am installing a aftermarket Y-pipe so hopefully it will clean that up. I purchased the Boyesen superstock reeds $30 each side can't wait to see how it all works, might be some grass getting tore up.

Attachments

• DSCF4779.jpg
    DSCF4779.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF4783.jpg
    DSCF4783.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15