brake light staying on '04 switchback

5slednx

Brake light stays on '04 Polaris switchback, brakes don't seem to be locked up. Don't feel spongy either, Just picked this sled up, didn't come on when i test rode it, after about 5 miles on it, light came on and stayed on. Not a real gearhead so any suggestions would help! Thanks

mikes99ss

Brake light stays on '04 Polaris switchback, brakes don't seem to be locked up. Don't feel spongy either, Just picked this sled up, didn't come on when i test rode it, after about 5 miles on it, light came on and stayed on. Not a real gearhead so any suggestions would help! Thanks

Try pushing the brake lever forward. I have to do this all the time on my ATV. Lever just gets a little sticky

indy_500

Can almost guarantee it's the little brake light switch in the brake assembly. Mine was out on my 05 xc sp 500 when i got it too (light stayed on all the time). I think its something ridiculous like $50 for a new one and i believe i got a used one from kens sports for $25 (looks like your in seymour, real close to kens). You wouldn't by chance have picked up that 04 switchback in shawano that was for sale on craigslist did you?

indy_500

Yeah there's a little white button sticking out that the brake lever hits. It's actually pushed in when riding around and it disengages when you push the brake lever. You have to split apart your "brake assembly" the black module with your hi beam, handwarmer switches, etc.

5slednx

Replaced reg on sled and it took care of all problems with the lights, gauges etc. Thanks for all the help