Bummed out

srt20

I unhooked the plow off my commander tonight and put it in the corner of the shop. That will make it snow! Talk about a frustrating start to winter! Maybe John will chime in any big storms on the horizon?????? Give us some hope in the Midwest John!!

This is the last thing any snow lovers need.

Snow lovers need to be told it will be "seasonal" for long range forecast. Then if something shows up, they still need to be told "seasonal" for medium range. Then a day before something hits, snow lovers need to be told, a "slight chance of snow showers tomorrow".

frnash

Where's Lucy?

Haven't you heard?
Lucy van Pelt has left the ol' football …
Lucy Football bait-and-switch-300x261.png
… behind years ago, and has been employed for the last several years as a TV meteorologist in Pechoggin, WI. :sneakiness:

I unhooked the plow off my commander tonight and put it in the corner of the shop. That will make it snow! Talk about a frustrating start to winter! Maybe John will chime in any big storms on the horizon?????? Give us some hope in the Midwest John!!

Ummm...yea.

old abe

Canadian trail passes are over $300 per season and this is what their trail system looks like today. You CANNOT ride on a red listed trail even if there is 3 feet of snow.

View attachment 57799

Season permit paid by Nov 1, $185, less exchange rate, is around $150 U.S. They won't open the trails until the very many frozen crossing are safe for sure.

Maybe an 1” where I’m at, it was snowing pretty good in Rochester 45 minutes ago when I left. They will probably end up with another 2”.

snobuilder

On the local news this morning they are "still keeping and eye on this approaching low" "stay tuned for when we can expect the snow and who will get the heaviest" so I watched......thinking and hoping that this thing redeveloped....someone tell me when 2" became "heaviest" snow. Heaviest yes out of the dusting we are supposed to get out of this once massive snow event.

This is one of the bigger flops! From 12” to nothing...
This one hits hard emotionally as so many were amped up for plans with family and friends in the north woods for the holidays.

Fake Weather lol!
But hey it does what it is designed to do , keep the Suckers tuned in lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Not. A. Flake. Nothing. Notta. Not a flake.

X2 ^^^^

xcsp01

Yup. 6 days ago, the weather folks on the news were prepping us for huge system! 6-10”!!!! Then 3 days ago, ehhhh 4-6” we got some drizzle instead and ended up with a gerbils breathes worth my driveway this am after the pounding of snow.

E41B27CB-D0B9-4CDE-88AE-74BC8230F0E3.jpg

When I hear big snows a week out, I think drizzle to trace. 90% accurate

euphoric1

Just wet pavement in SE Wi< I keep telling my self not to watch the weather but I not only need the snow for business but want to play in it as well. And I will admit my eyes light up every time they mention snow and most of the time only to be let down. I watched again this morning and now heard a new weather word " could " there is no commitment behind " could " ... we "could" see a little snow Christmas day. What? no "winter wallup" No "major snow event" No "heavy snow fall of 3" " Ill just look out my window, that is the most accurate weather you will get.

eskysteve

I hear ya euphoric, late yesterday afternoon the NWS put a winter weather advisory for our area, predicting 2-4" overnight, last night. This would have been an addition to the trace we received yesterday morning. I woke up this morning to no additional snow. All you can do is laugh. I really don't remember forecasting being this bad 20-30 years ago, but, maybe I just don't recall. I hope that the weather pattern we've been in this month changes. Temps are fine, but, very dry. The little snow we've had has been very fluffy and dry. I have a feeling we're in for a dry winter. We've been wetter than normal for almost a year, I was afraid it would end prior to winter. We'll just hope for the best, it's all we can do.

I think it’s safe to say no one knows what the rest of this winter will bring but I am starting to get concerned. The only snow we have had that’s been more than 1” is the 4” we had at the end of October. I believe this sport keeps losing people every season due to low snow and a 4th year in a row is not going to help that.

wisco-mb

We received a small trace last night. Just like clockwork, the forecast was cut in half every day.
The winter seemed like it was off to a good start with temps, but no precipitation. At least we have the cold this year. One piece of the puzzle.

whitedust

We are in need of some wide spread system dumpers or head to UP snow belts to ride...again... but at least we have that..... bummer so far.

nadekeys

I think we need to cut John a little slack, I think up to this point his forecasts have been pretty much on point this year which is pretty good. Remember that forecasters aren't just forecasting for snowmobilers who love snow and want as much as we can get, but they are forecasting for society has a whole which views a major snow event as something that needs to be prepared for and dealt with, not celebrated necessarily. Therefore I think they like to err on the high side of things, so people can be overly prepared and take the proper precautions and so forth.

whitedust

I think we need to cut John a little slack, I think up to this point his forecasts have been pretty much on point this year which is pretty good. Remember that forecasters aren't just forecasting for snowmobilers who love snow and want as much as we can get, but they are forecasting for society has a whole which views a major snow event as something that needs to be prepared for and dealt with, not celebrated necessarily. Therefore I think they like to err on the high side of things, so people can be overly prepared and take the proper precautions and so forth.

Overly prepared for what????? You got to be kidding!... LOL... Nobody bashing JD forecasts... no idea where you are getting that from???? Fustrated with Midwest lack of system snow for sleddin Yes.... John no way.

sjb

Overly prepared for what????? You got to be kidding!... LOL... Nobody bashing JD forecasts... no idea where you are getting that from???? Fustrated with Midwest lack of system snow for sleddin Yes.... John no way.

Agree. I will speak for myself, but bet others feel the same way. This storm system changed. Every place you looked at the weather, they were saying the same thing - John, local stations (out of Green Bay) and weather.com. The system did not develop like they thought - they all thought - and we got nothing. Not John's or anyone else's fault per se.

Yes it sucks - but I am not taking it out on anyone.

slimcake

Actually WD there is a butt hurt thread about John on HCS right now.... He is still my go to. Just take all forecast with grain of salt...