camper on some land

zr900efi

i was thinking of buying some land up north for hunting and i want to put a camper
on it. so my question is if the camper has a toilet are there companys out there to
come and pump it out or do u just take the holding tank out and take it some where to dump it

whitedust

If a camper is a trailer you take trailer to a dump station & empty. You might get a septic guy to tank it out but you will pay the going rate for pumping a septic.

zr900efi

should have said that yes it would be a trailer. if u dont have a truck big enough to tow it then what would it cost 2 get it pumped out rough guess

jr37

I am not sure what they are called, but it is a little plastic tank on wheels. You dump your camper tank into this one and wheel it away to a place to dump. If it is on your own land, find a place away from everything else and dump away, just don't tell anyone you are doing it.

LarryD

Dumping on the land would be nasty (illegal) and to be honest if you want to live like normal people that would be almost once a day.

mrsrunningbear

They call it a honey pot, it's a portable tank with wheels like JR37 was saying, and there are dump stations, there's one in bruce crossing, watersmeet and there are septic pumpers guys, but your looking at $90+ and you'll need to dump each week or every other week, getting a honey pot would probably be your best bet

oh and just to say, I'm looking for one more seasonal camper at our place, we have water and electric

whitedust

I am not sure what they are called, but it is a little plastic tank on wheels. You dump your camper tank into this one and wheel it away to a place to dump. If it is on your own land, find a place away from everything else and dump away, just don't tell anyone you are doing it.

You dump septic on your land & in for big trouble they bust the septic guys for not doing it correctly & they make a living pumping. Eyes everywhere due to public health issues & evidence in plain site. Do not dump on your land.:(

jr37

I knew I'd get blasted on this one. How about an old bottomless outhouse? Are they legal? I still see them around

srt20

Easy. Get a holding tank. Many seasonal campers that either camp on private land or limited hook ups campgrounds use this method. Get a 250-300 gallon above ground holding tank. Have the septic truck come pump it when full. Also, you "could" dump the gray water(shower, dishes, sink water) out through a garden hose with an adaptor, out 100 feet from your camper. Though this is technically illegal, there are many people that pump this type water out through their sump pump instead of into the septic. I just wouldn't advertise it. Anyway then you can save your holding tank space for dropping deuces.

The tanks run around $500 range. They are poly and you don't get any smell if you have it sealed up properly.

polarisrider1

wonderful.

polarisrider1

I have tried all of the above. Spend the coin and get a septic system. It will be a selling point when you resell. or if you build it will be in. Note: I have a "Honey wagon" that I would love to sell you. it has a hitch so you can pull it with your garden tractor down the road. It holds 30-40 gallons and is a pretty blue color.

garyl62

Put in a well and septic on the site and you are 100% good to go. We did it that way.

I have tried all of the above. Spend the coin and get a septic system. It will be a selling point when you resell. or if you build it will be in. Note: I have a "Honey wagon" that I would love to sell you. it has a hitch so you can pull it with your garden tractor down the road. It holds 30-40 gallons and is a pretty blue color.

While I know costs can vary based on a lot of factors, what does a septic run now days? Also. how do you hook both of them up to a trailer? What about winterizing them? How does that work? Also, how did you size the septic?

polarisrider1

While I know costs can vary based on a lot of factors, what does a septic run now days? Also. how do you hook both of them up to a trailer? What about winterizing them? How does that work? Also, how did you size the septic?

Have the septic guy figure it out with the inspector. You will need a permit. no winterizing. depends on were your at. If zoning etc. Amazing what one can build under a mercury light in the course of a night when everything is pre staged to go in. lol. Family Farm or any big box lumber store can hook you up if your a DIY guy. While your at it pound yourself a well. sure well pits and home made septic systems are illegal but heck it is still better then what most of your neighbors will have.

chords

Dont worry about sizing it. The twp inspector will dictate what size.
For our small 3 bedrm "cabin" it was crazy and overkill what was required by our twp to upgrade from an existing system that had been in place since 1968 when they scraped some dirt off, tank, laid a bed of gravel with clay crocks and covered up and planted grass. This time in a diff loc in the yard removal of 4 feet of dirt and then refill with sand AND raised another 3 feet with an additional lift tank and 675 sq ft field.

Cost ?? how about $ 5,500 For the few times a year youre gonna flushing , build an outhouse and dig a pit away from your camper.

whitedust

All depends on perk test. If sand & gravel will perk well if clay not so good.Holding tank may be best option.

ezra

out house less than 100 bucks and a sore back.dont forget the pink styrofoam toilet seat no one likes a frost bit arss .
for sink and shower watter a long hose out in to the woods.
do some witching with willow sticks drive a sand point
sound like a solid weekend and under 600bucks.
go to www.gsaauctions.gov and pick up a fema trailer they go cheep.
I m sure this summer there will be a huge supply of them in Fargo again they just keep buying new ones and selling after the flood houses are rebuilt yr after yr after yr

Last edited: