Can someone explain to me why I didn't get have this awful virus?

snobuilder

Go ahead and get a.ss deep in insults if you need to, but as I have been saying for at least 6 weeks now....or 3 x 14 day quarantine periods....I have been face to face with 1000's of customers, neighbors...etc.....surely i should be sick by now.

I typically at least get a cold this time a year. The wife and i did get a bad cold in early March....was that it?....the deadly c-19?

What about you all, what is your personal story?....did you worry away the threat?....our was the threat a fake news story?

who died?...please list yourself....LMAO!

Tracker

Funny you should say that we were talking about that around the Camp Fire we have a huge family and no one knows anyone that got sick We have several nurses and we have a couple of Pharmacist and a pilot and my wife works in a warehouse in the office and she sees hundreds of people per day same as U no one has gotten the virus or been sick or died except the 1 guy wifes bff father who 85 was in the nursing home and chain smoked all his life and he had many other diseases and he died of a lung disease and they marked it as covid 19 pneumonia

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, I'll play along. I was down for most of February, missed our club ride and felt miserable. Worst barking cough, no energy, no appetite, generally miserable. Lasted for three weeks going on four. Surprisingly, wife didn't catch it and both of us work in a public environment so go figure. Was it Covid? Dunno, but it was pretty bad. Oh yeah, got a flu shot last fall so I got that going for me, which is nice!

frnash

FRNASH....here ya go …
I'm not sure of the connection between COVID-19 antibody testing and that video.
I dunno what all that was, but I sure ain't gonna watch 20 min + 53 sec. of that 240p mush-mouthed mumbo-jumbo video! Not up to your usual standards, Tracker!

Tracker

I'm not sure of the connection between COVID-19 antibody testing and that video.
I dunno what all that was, but I sure ain't gonna watch 20 min + 53 sec. of that 240p mush-mouthed mumbo-jumbo video! Not up to your usual standards, Tracker!

Ok...somebody sent me that....the short version is we are being manipulated and this virus is nothing new or anything to worry about...they are testing peoples reactions to a virus that gives you pneumonia.....which has been going on every winter for time in memoriam

- - - Updated - - -

It is not a new strain...here is a quote

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus explained: CO for corona, VI for virus, D for disease and 19 for when the outbreak was first identified (31 December 2019).

bearrassler

I am done with my isolation in less than two hours, I tested positive along with 144 of my coworkers. My symptoms were not bad at all, like a cold, a dry cough, muscle aches, and I lost my sense of smell for a few days, my daughter is positive also and still has a few symptoms hanging on. No one has died and only a couple ended up in the hospital for a short time of the ones here in Grand Forks. What I find disturbing is some of the stories going around about our breakout. Elf had said he read a story in the mpls tribune so I looked it up and read it, boy do they ever stretch the truth and some things were completely false. On Facebook around here some of the comments are bad, some even saying to shut the plant down. We are opening up maybe later this week so I will see how that goes.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I am done with my isolation in less than two hours, I tested positive along with 144 of my coworkers. My symptoms were not bad at all, like a cold, a dry cough, muscle aches, and I lost my sense of smell for a few days, my daughter is positive also and still has a few symptoms hanging on. No one has died and only a couple ended up in the hospital for a short time of the ones here in Grand Forks. What I find disturbing is some of the stories going around about our breakout. Elf had said he read a story in the mpls tribune so I looked it up and read it, boy do they ever stretch the truth and some things were completely false. On Facebook around here some of the comments are bad, some even saying to shut the plant down. We are opening up maybe later this week so I will see how that goes.

So glad to hear you are back "on board" and feeling good!

-John

goingnorth

My Mother-in-law has had it for seven days now. Lives in a nursing home. Developed a slight cough (which we have noted in her records that she gets quite often). They moved her to the Covid wing into a room with another person w/ symptoms. Guess what now my mother in law tested positive. We are seven days into this. We call constantly, she won't answer the phone. Call the nurse's station, "oh she's fine, she's just sleeping". We have no ideal if we will ever see or talk to her again. This part of this whole thing is very real. Hope you never have to go through this.

Also glad to hear you're OK Bearrassler

snomoman

What bothers me the most about this virus is it has no rhyme or reason as to who it picks that will die from it, some people get it and their immune system‘s are able to fight it off, other people get it and it kills them, no rhyme or reason that’s what’s so scary about this

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member

Glad you are feeling better!

russholio

Go ahead and get a.ss deep in insults if you need to, but as I have been saying for at least 6 weeks now....or 3 x 14 day quarantine periods....I have been face to face with 1000's of customers, neighbors...etc.....surely i should be sick by now.

I typically at least get a cold this time a year. The wife and i did get a bad cold in early March....was that it?....the deadly c-19?

What about you all, what is your personal story?....did you worry away the threat?....our was the threat a fake news story?

who died?...please list yourself....LMAO!

I don't have any personal experience. Found out one of our local cops had it. I asked him how he got it, he said it was the cost of being essential. I asked him what it was like and he said "I've had worse colds". He had to quarantine a bit and is back to work. I'm sure all stories are not like his, but neither are all stories of other illnesses.

G

G

What bothers me the most about this virus is it has no rhyme or reason as to who it picks that will die from it, some people get it and their immune system‘s are able to fight it off, other people get it and it kills them, no rhyme or reason that’s what’s so scary about this

There is definitely a rhyme and a reason to it. In Mn it is largely confined to long term care facilities. There are only a handful of deaths outside of these long term care facilities. And most of those had underlying conditions. Sure there is the odd and remote death of an otherwise healthy 40 year old but these are very few and far between. And after the fact these people might have had an underlying condition they were not aware of. My daughter worked along side 6 people that were diagnosed with it at the Fargo Post office. She never did have symptoms. Granted she is 27. Early on it was said that this would be hard on the elderly and those with underlying conditions of high blood pressure, diabetes and respiratory illnesses. Also people with auto immune issues should take steps to limit exposure. Just like influenza. That is all it is. Just a new strain of influenza. The death statistics themselves are also inflated. Unless you got run over by a bus everybody who has died in the last 6 weeks has Coronavirus listed as the cause of death.

elf

Glad to hear you're feeling better and will be fine!

katden4

Its possible I had it starting the 4th week of Feb. Worst sore throat I have ever had, with a terrible cough, chills, loss of appetite. What ever it was, it was BAD for about a week, and then slowly recovering for about a month. Had two different types of antibiotic's during the 4 weeks. Back then they didn't even test for covid, so I don't know. If I did have it my wife never got it? I stayed home for about a week, and slowly started working again until back to full speed. I saw two different doctors in the 4 weeks, and I never had a temperature. I am in the office about half the day and the rest of time out on job sites. I know a lot of people, and am only aware of one of my friends getting it. He works in the auto industry, and was in 25 car dealerships two days before the shut down. 60 years old and in good shape, but kicked his _ss for about two and a half weeks. He feels great now. I don't know if I had it, and if I did I am glad its over. Once I felt better, I knew I was overweight and not in the best shape. I am 58 years old, so I started riding my bike before work every day except when it rains. I just know that if this virus decides to pay me a visit, I will be in better shape to lesson the symptoms. I don't know if I ever have been worn down for that long, and I really don't want to do it again. I don't do flu shots ever, but after this, I am thinking different now. Maybe by fall my mind will change. no idea what I had, but I don't want it again.