Can Suggestions

megan600

I’m looking for a Can for Polaris IQ 600. I have considered the SLP, Super Q, and MBRP. Anyone have thoughts on sound..I don’t want something obnoxiously loud, but a bit louder than stock is ok. I know everyone has their own personal preference, but I’d like to hear some feedback before I go buy one. Not really looking for whole exhaust system…just the silencer</SPAN></SPAN>

rkw

Keep it stock

Is the little bit of horsepower gain worth the additional negative image the general public has on our awesome sport? Personally, I don't think so. I get mad as heck when I hear obnoxious loud pipes. All it's doing is putting more negative pressure on snowmobiling.
We are under attack from all directions, why add fuel to the fire.
Kevin

thebreeze

SLP is your best option for a can that drops some weight without a huge increase in noise output.

The sound level of the three cans listed above from quietest to loudest will be SLP, Super Q, MBRP.

srt20

I have the full SLP exhaust. It is not louder than stock, but it does have more pop type sound to it. If your looking for more performance, exhaust is NOT the way to get it. My FULL exhaust is NOT noticeably faster than stock. But it did help lean out the pig rich A/F ratio that Polaris thinks is perfect for sleds.

All a can will do is sound a little different and slow you down.

I've ran all three of these can's on my fusion and I would have to say slp was the best. It wasn't too loud, didn't lose too much top end and the overall finish and product was good. Next would be the Super Q which I'm running right now. Lost some top end power, but I like the sound, It's louder than stock but not too obnoxious. Just right for me. The ceramic coating looks great under the hood and is really light weight. The worst of the three would be MBRP. Other than this can is insanely loud, it is light weight too but, the finish was horrible and one of the welds broke at the top. It started to rust faster than the other two and put off much more heat which burned my exhaust insulation on the body of the sled. Definetly choose between slp or the super q.

megan600

Thank you guys all very much for the input...I do appreciate it!

Tom...maybe I'll steal the Jaws pipes directly off the race sled ;)

mjkaliszak

View attachment 24967

I run a Super Q on my POO 600 HO RR. It is ok,not loud, a little better sound than suitcase can that came stock. There is a pretty helpful " Tech " guy at JS Powersports , his name is Nate ( I think ). He can advise on the differences in cans for that motor. The install was straight forward & simple, I have no interest in this brand, just held up good for me. That is about 2200 miles 1 full season, winter to fall , the coating held up good.

6hundy6

Any one running BMP?
Great products. Forget the can, Get the Bikeman pipe mod. Low rumble, Gain 5 hp. I run it on my Fusion 600 ho. Love it.