Carbides

dickhouse

What's out there that's good?

Stock carbides usually stink. Bergstrom triple points were ok, but wore out pretty quick and that guy is an obama supporter so let me know if any of you have any better suggestions.

dickhouse

chords

I dont think anyone has an inside or outside edge.
You could try ( the better suggestion )and spot weld carbides or pic a polictal side & bye from there

cooksend

Personally I favor the Stud Boys Shaper bar! The carbide hold in ice, hourglass shaped host bar hold in hard snow and the keel of the ski works the rest. In terms of anti dart? You can shim just about any set up to be anti dart. Down force needs to be on the correct part of the ski to allow the keel to cut it's track and not chase it's track! One of the primary reasons many people see such good results in handling with the Bergstroms is that they offer shims and excellent instructions on how to do the set up!

My suggestion is to throw on some Shaper Bars and shim your ski to so the weight bias is just behind center on the spindle and toe your tips out 1/8".

cooksend

Bergstroms or Snowtrackers better/best..... shapers ok but won't wear as well.

Cost for Bergstroms compared to Shapers? Shimming the ski so it runs on the carbide and not nose heavy on the host bar makes a huge difference and again one reason why you see the Bergstroms last so long (good directions and shims included). Also running 3 carbides in the same host bar aids in wear! A set of Bergstroms installed and not shimmed will however wear quickly just like the others!

My point: Shim and align your ski's and darting will be greatly reduced regardless of carbide choice. Add a good carbide and do the same now you get a sled that handles and tracks much better than stock.

I use the bergstroms 6in on the 1/2 in host bar. never tried the triple point too much money for me. I tried the shaper bars once. I must of hit a stone the thing looked like the letter s. I never had that problem with the 1/2 in host bar.

whitedust

Cost for Bergstroms compared to Shapers? Shimming the ski so it runs on the carbide and not nose heavy on the host bar makes a huge difference and again one reason why you see the Bergstroms last so long (good directions and shims included). Also running 3 carbides in the same host bar aids in wear! A set of Bergstroms installed and not shimmed will however wear quickly just like the others!

My point: Shim and align your ski's and darting will be greatly reduced regardless of carbide choice. Add a good carbide and do the same now you get a sled that handles and tracks much better than stock.

Shapers are ok & yes should be shimmed.... for me Shapers are 1 season carbides Bergstroms wear much better & snowtrackers handle really well if set up correctly. Don't shim snowtrackers not part of their set up.

indy_500

Shaper bars are the best I've tried. Lately I've been running 10" snocross take off carbides I got 3 sets for C&As for $10 a pop can't beat that. Snocross sleds ain't even run on pavement they were all like new.