Carl's cut to your skis

ridehard

Has anyone cut the Carl's cut on there skis? This is cutting the outer rear part of your ski off. Just behind where the spindle mounts they cut in 1 to 1-1/2 inches then cut to the rear of the ski to the end. Supposed to help with sidehilling. Just wondering what results anybody has seen doing this.

ezra

I thought that was more for the slp powder pro than a universal thing.
but guess because I have never seen it done on anything but the slp

ridehard

I do have the slp powder pro and they do seem harder to get up on edge than my stock skis, but then the SLP is 7 inches wide and my stock ski is 5.5 or 6 inches. I seen other skis on snowest site that people were doing this to including the SLP. I just am having a hard time deciding if I want to cut up my skis for the benefit it will give me.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am going to try it on my stock gripper skis on my RMK. If I don't like it, no big deal, gripper skis are pretty cheap.

L

lenny

I'm looking for a pair of gripper skis for my Mtn Max. anyone have some old take off's ?

polarisrider1

I am going to try it on my stock gripper skis on my RMK. If I don't like it, no big deal, gripper skis are pretty cheap.

Please post a picture when done so we can all see what the difference is. First I heard of this. do like SLP Powder Pros in stock form on the edge chassis and the Grippers are okay on my Pro but do not like the Poo sidehiller skis at all.