Carter's Corner.....2018-2019 Snow Reports and snow talk from Togwotee Lodge

carter

Don't know about that Iowa comment, we have very good conditions now. Watched Scott from MN. many chest shots during the day. More small drops on the way. Come on out......

carter

Pictures are of trails and banks of snow along the highway......I ride powder in weadows and trees far from that what you are seeing. Pushing 2 feet yesterday. I won't play the pissing game. I'm in the snow every day. Conditions are real good and Feb. is coming........usually the best snow month. See you on the snow.

Capture.JPG

I realize one graph can't tell the whole picture, but it looks like the snowpack at Togwotee is around average for the time of year.

The last couple years out there were much above average snowfall, near record highs at times. So maybe something closer to average is feeling below average in comparison?

2017.JPG
2018.JPG

These graphs show snow water content not depth. So at the end of last spring there was the equivalent of 35"+ of rainfall in the snowpack at the snotel site.

carter

Getting thumped......powder riding has arrived.....you should be here....what more can I say.....don't need a graph to know about over the hood powder.......as I have always said, " The Greatest Show On Snow."

pez

Carter is right snow is deep over the hood all day this was side of the road from airport to lodge 3290F2DF-2727-4172-8389-DBB73D304FE8.jpg
carter475728 said:
Getting thumped......powder riding has arrived.....you should be here....what more can I say.....don't need a graph to know about over the hood powder.......as I have always said, " The Greatest Show On Snow."

- - - Updated - - -

Carter is right snow is deep over the hood all day this was side of the road from airport to lodge 3290F2DF-2727-4172-8389-DBB73D304FE8.jpg
carter475728 said:

carter

Forcast for the next 3 days is 40 inches of snow........Holy Crap........will see today if it starts like they predict......let you know.......

JasonF

Forcast for the next 3 days is 40 inches of snow........Holy Crap........will see today if it starts like they predict......let you know.......

Saw that when we were pulling out on Sat, I was trying to convince the guys to stay another week!

carter

It happened...road to Jackson closed....at Tog. for 4 nites......epic snow....had a good day with you guys....more to come....