Carter's Corner.....

carter

Carter Sez.....

Renegade, if you are bringing a short track to ride this weekend you are in a bit of trouble. I pushed 2/1/2 FEET, that's FEET, that's FEET. You getting the message. 10 in. on my burb today, and its not going to quite for days. Heap big plenty wuch snow........ And as for the rant on sleds, I'm not going there. You fuel the problem in asking me for info I told you I don't know about. If you are concerned about a sled , than ask a DLR. the trick questions.....

carter

Carter Sez.....

I missed part of the read. Pick the one thing in life you are stupid passoniate about. Do you get enough of it? You don't ride, you vacation. Firecatguy is close in saying 41 in a row. I will ride 6500 miles this year. Most of it in mountain powder. Yes it's a job, yes it's a passion, and I enjoy every day of it every year. The guys who jones about mountain riding understand what I'm talking about. I'm here doing this for them. I'm here doing this WITH them. I don't get tired of it.

polarisrider1

I missed part of the read. Pick the one thing in life you are stupid passoniate about. Do you get enough of it? You don't ride, you vacation. Firecatguy is close in saying 41 in a row. I will ride 6500 miles this year. Most of it in mountain powder. Yes it's a job, yes it's a passion, and I enjoy every day of it every year. The guys who jones about mountain riding understand what I'm talking about. I'm here doing this for them. I'm here doing this WITH them. I don't get tired of it.

Carter, we gotta luv you for it! Didn't make it out to see you this yr. for hill climb week. (1st time in 5 yrs.) Did the Pink Ribbon ladies keep you busy? Went to IP, Cooke, Snowies, UP this yr.

107renegade

No Carter I am bring my 800 etec 154 Looking forward to some good deep snow riding;) Planning on staying from thurs to leavin monday

jmom800x

The fresh is in the hills.

MomsMotorSports snowmobile transportation brought out 13 people, 20 sleds and three guys flew in to meet there sleds. Looking to ride the late season snow. Yesterday and last night the fresh stuff rolled in to make for great conditions.
On day one we had a shorty on top of Austin Peak. Looks like the rest of the week he will be poaching track to stay afloat.

Attachments

• pcf_5.jpg
    pcf_5.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 66
  • pcf_9.jpg
    pcf_9.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 60
  • pcf_8.jpg
    pcf_8.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 60
  • pcf_11.jpg
    pcf_11.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 58
Converting flatlanders 1 ride @ a time...

Pick the one thing in life you are stupid passoniate about. Do you get enough of it? You don't ride, you vacation. Firecatguy is close in saying 41 in a row. I will ride 6500 miles this year. Most of it in mountain powder. Yes it's a job, yes it's a passion, and I enjoy every day of it every year. The guys who jones about mountain riding understand what I'm talking about. I'm here doing this for them. I'm here doing this WITH them. I don't get tired of it.
mspease, heed this man's words... Get out to Togwotee and try it out with Carter or at least one of his guide brethren. You'll see... pictures/videos or words on a forum really doesn't do it justice. Sure it's easy to say if I had the chance to run with the big dogs of sled guiding I'd be there for 41 days too, but you really haven't seen anything until you ride there and understand this "hook". I was just out there for 5 days @ the end of February... tired as heck at the end, but would give almost anything to stay and ride many more days.

polarisrider1

mspease, heed this man's words... Get out to Togwotee and try it out with Carter or at least one of his guide brethren. You'll see... pictures/videos or words on a forum really doesn't do it justice. Sure it's easy to say if I had the chance to run with the big dogs of sled guiding I'd be there for 41 days too, but you really haven't seen anything until you ride there and understand this "hook". I was just out there for 5 days @ the end of February... tired as heck at the end, but would give almost anything to stay and ride many more days.

Amen.

D

Deleted member 10829

Never been out West

Yeah, I've never been out West snowmobiling as I've always been a trail rider, but I would love to try it sometime. I would fly out and rent a unit at Togwotee. Some day. My worry is I have an addictive personality and I'll end up like Polarisrider1 and be travelling all over the west.

polarisrider1

Yeah, I've never been out West snowmobiling as I've always been a trail rider, but I would love to try it sometime. I would fly out and rent a unit at Togwotee. Some day. My worry is I have an addictive personality and I'll end up like Polarisrider1 and be travelling all over the west.

I am like a junkie! lol. riding tomorrow even!! I rode out west 4 weeks this season and feel bad I did not make Hill climb week at Tog. this yr. darn work got in the way.

107renegade

The fresh is in the hills.

MomsMotorSports snowmobile transportation brought out 13 people, 20 sleds and three guys flew in to meet there sleds. Looking to ride the late season snow. Yesterday and last night the fresh stuff rolled in to make for great conditions.
On day one we had a shorty on top of Austin Peak. Looks like the rest of the week he will be poaching track to stay afloat.

I am leaving in the morning cant wait!!!!! I will be riding a stock looking 011 800 154 My name is Tom if anyone wants to do some ridin with me just yell my name when you see me.

Carter' 12
You'll see someday. I'm pretty sure Wayne has offered to host you?!

There are FAR worse habits out there. That's what I keep telling my lovely bride. I know quite a few flatlanders that ride out there (West) and never comeback... for good a reason! Some are guides now.

L

lenny

You'll see someday. I'm pretty sure Wayne has offered to host you?!

There are FAR worse habits out there. That's what I keep telling my lovely bride. I know quite a few flatlanders that ride out there (West) and never comeback... for good a reason! Some are guides now.

I moved to da UP for a few reasons, snow being one of them. I just came back from the big horns for a nice ride and asked my wife if she wanted to live in da mtn's,,,lol,,,,she's not ready.

I see your point!

D

Deleted member 10829

Lenny,

At least not being ready is a lot better than "HE** NO!" It reminds me of one of my all time favorite movie lines from Dumb and Dumber; "So, you're telling me there's a chance?" :)

snoluver1

I moved to da UP for a few reasons, snow being one of them. I just came back from the big horns for a nice ride and asked my wife if she wanted to live in da mtn's,,,lol,,,,she's not ready.

I see your point!

I told you not to do it Lenny---LOL! All ready thinking about the big move? I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but I could tell by your posts and pics that you were a true snow-lover. Once you go west you can't get it out of your head!! I tried to warn you!

Last edited:

carter

Carter Sez.....

This is crazy........just like last year. Only this year with a base. It won"t stop snowing.....tried to go today but the cracked ribs won"t cooperate. 2 weeks into healing and I hope they get going so I don't miss out on this EPIC spring.........Not going to yank on chains about this, cuz I know you all are looking at the web cam...If a spring fix is needed and you want I'll make time off from work to ride........otherwise, enjoy spring and I'll chat more when I can go up and partake.

This is crazy........just like last year. Only this year with a base. It won"t stop snowing.....tried to go today but the cracked ribs won"t cooperate. 2 weeks into healing and I hope they get going so I don't miss out on this EPIC spring.........Not going to yank on chains about this, cuz I know you all are looking at the web cam...If a spring fix is needed and you want I'll make time off from work to ride........otherwise, enjoy spring and I'll chat more when I can go up and partake.
cracked ribs?! What happened?

Flatland Jack

I hate to give you bad news Carter...but cracked ribs take more than a few weeks to heal. You can call me sometime if you want. As we get OLDER, we don't heal as fast as we used too! I think you know what I mean!! Looking forward to seeing you in MN in July.