Catalyst ride reports

euphoric1

Knowing snow conditions this year there probably aren't many but does anyone have any real time ride reports? better than expected? 600 engine feel? coming from larger displacement prior to Catalyst 600? handling? fit and finish? on way home from shop yesterday a whole lot of sleds parked at local bar wife suggested seeing if any there and ask if could ride it LOL!! need some help with 2025 decision!

euphoric1

There is a good review posted on dootalk. general section I think.
Found it Darren THANKS!!! don't want to say its what I expected but is what I hoped I would hear!! and imagine that on "dootalk" there was more talk when the doom and gloom was painted for CAT here, then they come out with IMO a REAL CONTENING new product and crickets, Thank you again!!! guess I have to branch out and check out other sites.

chunk06

Knowing snow conditions this year there probably aren't many but does anyone have any real time ride reports? better than expected? 600 engine feel? coming from larger displacement prior to Catalyst 600? handling? fit and finish? on way home from shop yesterday a whole lot of sleds parked at local bar wife suggested seeing if any there and ask if could ride it LOL!! need some help with 2025 decision!
Hanksters in Janesville is doing scheduled demo rides on the Catalyst this week. I'm guessing they let you take one on the trail (dealer is on the trail)

bayfly

I rode with 2 guys last weekend who each had new Catalysts. One was on a Riot and the other the M600. They both loved the ride, handling, and power. Both came off 800s and neither one noticed any drop off in power from the previous sleds. We rode deep snow on untracked trails. They rode through everything and had no trouble keeping up with my Riot X 800. All-in-all a very positive experience.

euphoric1

I rode with 2 guys last weekend who each had new Catalysts. One was on a Riot and the other the M600. They both loved the ride, handling, and power. Both came off 800s and neither one noticed any drop off in power from the previous sleds. We rode deep snow on untracked trails. They rode through everything and had no trouble keeping up with my Riot X 800. All-in-all a very positive experience.
Some of the vids I've watched you could hear that second belt drive, any complaints about the noise?

bayfly

No complaints at all on the noise. That rattle is noticeable when idling, but not when riding.

indy_500

Come on guys, surely there's more Ride Reports on these new Cat Catalysts than whats been posted here?
I’ve spent 4 days out on the trails and have passed ONE. I’ve passed over 100 new Doo gen 5’s and Polaris Matryx though. Heck I walk out in the parking lot at my hotel in Lodi this morning and there’s at least a dozen gen 5 Doos.

The reports I have read on the catalyst have been Extremely positive. I think you’re still seeing a good amount of guys that are holding off on buying one yet because they either want the 858, or a 4s.

whitedust

I’ve spent 4 days out on the trails and have passed ONE. I’ve passed over 100 new Doo gen 5’s and Polaris Matryx though. Heck I walk out in the parking lot at my hotel in Lodi this morning and there’s at least a dozen gen 5 Doos.

The reports I have read on the catalyst have been Extremely positive. I think you’re still seeing a good amount of guys that are holding off on buying one yet because they either want the 858, or a 4s.
You think cat can fit a performance lay down 4s in there? It would have to be NA to even consider

old abe

You think cat can fit a performance lay down 4s in there? It would have to be NA to even consider
whitedust, I would prefer to see a Engine/Chassis of modular design. That being made for each other, designed as one. Shoehorn fitments are a bad idea. A get by way of doing this, and not a promising, prospering future. They lack good balance and CG, which results in sub par ride/handling. Textron/AC has the ability to be able to do this the right way now. Doing so with their own in house 4-stroke engines, and combined chassis production, purposely built. Textron/Weber can produce stellar, modular designed, and built for snowmobile engines. I say please bring it on!

old abe

AC's has a tremendous lack of retail dealers which can't help them either.

euphoric1

lets not forget that there are racing engines that run a dry sump, so it would be possible and I too believe Textron has the ability and the kahunas to do so, question is...will they. Me I'm not interested in 4 stroke so don't have any real interest in seeing one but know there are many that doo LOL

whitedust

whitedust, I would prefer to see a Engine/Chassis of modular design. That being made for each other, designed as one. Shoehorn fitments are a bad idea. A get by way of doing this, and not a promising, prospering future. They lack good balance and CG, which results in sub par ride/handling. Textron/AC has the ability to be able to do this the right way now. Doing so with their own in house 4-stroke engines, and combined chassis production, purposely built. Textron/Weber can produce stellar, modular designed, and built for snowmobile engines. I say please bring it on!
Yep 4s engine have to be purpose built from the ground up more likely in-house design than purchased from an OEM. Or stay with the procross for performance 4s sleds. I have no insight into AC to their level of interest in 4s Catalyst. For years Polaris didn’t believe the 4s market was worth their investment and I still not convinced with current 4s model. Is AC Textron interested??

timo

I concur with Indy. Just got in for Packer game and put 468 miles since Thursday in
Se Wis. it’s gotta be 55% Doo 35% Poo and 10 % being cat and Yamaha I’ve seen. I would definitely say I saw more cats than Yamaha. Not sure I even seen a new catalyst in a parking lot. But I honestly don’t know if I could even tell the difference between a catalyst and non catalyst. I think I could if they were both sitting in front of me,,,,probably not wizzing by one at 40 miles an hour, though. Doo definitely dominates this region. I ride with a group of about 6 to 10 guys at any given time and we all all ride Doos. I would have no problem hopping on a matrix tho,,, them machines look sweet

chunk06

I saw a few on the trail today, they are a sharp looking sled. I hope they sell well, with Yamaha being gone soon we need Cat to do well. As far as sleds on the trail one thing I love about southern WI being open is some of the older Iron that is out. Saw some beautiful and well kept looking older sleds the last week.

hermie

I saw a few on the trail today, they are a sharp looking sled. I hope they sell well, with Yamaha being gone soon we need Cat to do well. As far as sleds on the trail one thing I love about southern WI being open is some of the older Iron that is out. Saw some beautiful and well kept looking older sleds the last week.
Yes this very true. I saw a mint Manta coming out of southern kettle moraine today. This thing looked show room new. Trails were pretty darn good but still can't believe I had to haul my sleds from Saint Germain to Elkhorn so I can ride but it was well worth it. We rode roughly 350 miles in 3 days and had a good time which is what it is all about.

1fujifilm

Yep 4s engine have to be purpose built from the ground up more likely in-house design than purchased from an OEM. Or stay with the procross for performance 4s sleds. I have no insight into AC to their level of interest in 4s Catalyst. For years Polaris didn’t believe the 4s market was worth their investment and I still not convinced with current 4s model. Is AC Textron interested??
Poo's S4 is already deemed a failure by a few dealers I know in the first year. A dealer friend of mine has a new 24 137 S4 down to 10,999 and I had a 1,000 Poo mailer bringing the cost to 9,999. My friend said, you don't want it..too slow, heavy and nobody wants it; you will get killed at resale.
Sad.

whitedust

Poo's S4 is already deemed a failure by a few dealers I know in the first year. A dealer friend of mine has a new 24 137 S4 down to 10,999 and I had a 1,000 Poo mailer bringing the cost to 9,999. My friend said, you don't want it..too slow, heavy and nobody wants it; you will get killed at resale.
Sad.
Doo has a good and complete 4s line up and AC still in the game with procross and 2 Yamaha 4s engines. Polaris enters with a 90hp tank no wonder it’s not selling.