Catalyst sold out?

tomx

I checked the AC '24 website at about 4pm yesterday to finally see the MSRPs for all models. I guess MSRPs don't mean squat when all Catalyst models were indicated as being sold out. The unobtainium syndrome continues in the snomo biz. This business model may work for the manufacturers but for a less aggressive consumer like myself it's quite frustrating.

euphoric1

Wait??? What???? NO WAY!! there can't be that many Cat lovers out there, or people who think like me that the Catalyst is the cats MEOW! or just as the left there must be a bunch of idiots out there LOL!!!!
I was afraid of that as well, I made my decision to wait until next year for different engine offerings, I didn't need to be the first in line for one and wasn't going to camp out at the local dealer to get one either. I agree with the business model and worry with more engine options it will be the same outcome next year for pre book orders. I would be curious to know how many were sold pre-book.

goofy600

That was my thought also how many did they comment to making? Hopefully they set a realistic number that they know they can handle and if that goes well maybe have some for the floor during the season, as apposed to Doo And Poo over sell and come in way late.

katden4

Most were sold by out by noon. Not only the catalyst, but most models including all youth models. I did purchase a Catalyst Riot, and looking forward to it. I would think that how fast everything sold out, they have a limited build still because of lack of product. I do know that Polaris has a deliver by end of November or get $1500.00 back. I wonder how many they are forcasting to build as well. I dont think any of those numbers will come out.

goofy600

Someone else had a theory on poo $1500 if not delivered. Obviously that they come in on time but if running late like the last 2 years it will keep people from canceling all their spring orders and having all kinds of leftovers sitting at dealers. Would people be willing to take the sled in January or even beginning of February for $1500?

katden4

With the rising cost, I don't think $1500 would cover the cost to move up one model year. This was one of my deciding factors, waiting for the new motor, maybe another $3000 on top of rising cost? I figured I can live with the 600 power for msrp of mid 15s. My guess for the Catalyst with new motor will be 19ish? And still limited build. I am usually not one to purchase a first year product, but this one i am pretty confident with. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

favoritos

I sorta expected the supply to be limited. With that expectation, I set aside some time around the initial order time. The online ordering isn't new, but it was changed a bit this year. I wasn't familiar with how the process was supposed to work this year. I have to admit that I was getting a bit nervous when I could not find the "purchase" link after the anticipated open time. I ended up calling the factory and left a message on their customer support line. It seemed like a shot in the dark, but I received a call back in just under two minutes. The gal was fantastic with summarizing the process. She also stated the open time was delayed a bit, but keep trying. They did expect orders to fill rather quick.

After I finished my order, I checked on a few other sleds. There were quite a few that sold out in the time it took to do my own order.

euphoric1

I'm hoping this showing of desire for Cat to produce a new chassis/product and the outpouring of orders and outside of component shortfalls that Cat will recognize and ramp production for next year but fear the same of limited builds. katden4... CONGRATS!!! for all the naysayers and Cat haters out there, I'm sorry but.... Cats here to stay!!!! sit and spin baby!

favoritos

Honestly, it's not really a new thing to have limited orders. That seems to be the new norm with production scheduling. Last year was pretty much the same in that aspect.
I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the tight ordering process, but I guess it's what we have right now.

I look at it like selling concert tickets. You can sell a million tickets for a show. It doesn't mean everyone will get a seat.

mezz

Perhaps Cat figured supply chain issues could hamper their production so opted for a limit that they know they can handle without delaying delivery. Who knows, maybe, just maybe, they will produce a few extra in light of the fact that they sold out their order limit.

chunk06

I have nothing against Cat and would love to try a Catalyst, but I would have a hard time buying a 1st year one after the 2012 issues. I was close to buying one of those!

katden4

I have no problem buying this one. with todays market it will be an easy resell if I don’t like it. 2012 was 12 model years ago, that’s a pretty deep scar.

Northstar

Yeah Ticketmaster/Live Nation is getting in the snowmobile sales. You will soon have the opportunity to buy one for 4 times MSRP plus a crap load of unnecessary fees.