Cellular Providers.....ugh..crooks!

MZEMS2

I am so sick of paying nearly $200/month for two smart phones. We have US Cellular now because they seem to offer the best coverage. (South Central WI) I wonder if people are branching off toward the "sub providers" that Walmart and Target offer. Maybe it's time to go back to the old school cell phone....GRRR

chords

Trac Phone - $20 every 3 months for 4 hours talk/ text. No its not a 'Smart Phone ' and I'm no power user, but I can be reached or call anytime I leave the house. Dont need to be "connected to bells and whistles ' Good coverage anywhere I go in MI

garyl62

I am so sick of paying nearly $200/month for two smart phones. We have US Cellular now because they seem to offer the best coverage. (South Central WI) I wonder if people are branching off toward the "sub providers" that Walmart and Target offer. Maybe it's time to go back to the old school cell phone....GRRR

Why are you paying so much for with them? I have 7 lines (4 smart phones, 1 tablet, and 2 cheap phones) with unlimited everything except only 10 gb of data per month with US Cellular and I'm at $302 after taxes and everything. If I dropped back to just two phones I'd be under $150. You better check out their plans again, I just looked and they have two lines, shared 6 gb data unlimited everything is $60 + $40 per smart phone so only $140 + taxes.

MZEMS2

we get 10gb and unlimited talk/text. We have one tablet that adds $10. I don't know, seems like a hose job to me. I wonder of location has anything to do with it?

srt20

2 phones, unlimited talk/txt, 30gb data, $197 a month. This plan/price is not abailable currently, but may in future. Just got to wait for sales. Verizon.

chunk06

I'm in the same situation as you. Seams like US Cell is the cheaper main carrier in SC Wisconsin. I too am getting sick of it, anyone use Republic Wireless or Ting? been hearing great things about them, and might try when my contract is done.

pez

5 phones, 10 gb of rollover data, unlimited talk and text, $193.00 on AT&T. I wish the rollover data didn't expire every the next month, but we don't get up to 10 gb much.

Hoosier

I'm in the same situation as you. Seams like US Cell is the cheaper main carrier in SC Wisconsin. I too am getting sick of it, anyone use Republic Wireless or Ting? been hearing great things about them, and might try when my contract is done.

I used Ting before work gave me a phone. It works great - it's on the Sprint network, so you'd have to see if that is in your area. If you call for support, a human answers the phone and talks to you. Bills are ridiculously cheap. The downside of it is they don't offer data roaming. You do get phone roaming.

chunk06

I used Ting before work gave me a phone. It works great - it's on the Sprint network, so you'd have to see if that is in your area. If you call for support, a human answers the phone and talks to you. Bills are ridiculously cheap. The downside of it is they don't offer data roaming. You do get phone roaming.

Sprint appears to have coverage in my area. I'm guessing you live in Indiana? How well did it work when you were in the U.P? I get constant calls that never ring and go to voicemail or not receiving texts, I'm sick of paying a premium price for what I think is mediocre service, what company is your work cell? how does it compare, and would you go back to ting if you had too?

ezra

**** it is all cheep now days . no one remembers the bills with the brick or the bag phones ha?

I check about every 6 mo for deals out there. if something is substantially better than what I have I call my carrier and complain. they always toss me some sort of bone to make me happy. but I have had the same corp since mid 80s in fact I have my same high school pager number lol. they have been bought and sold 5 diff times

67rs

i have us cellular also was paying $200 plus for 2 phones went in last week told them to cancel my service been with them since 1994 he said why i told him you are to high on your prices he then reduced it to $98 for 2 phones per month i stayed that simple

L

lenny

Wife and I each have unlocked At&T Iphones and use wal-mart straight talk. Each is $45 with 5gb data, unlimited text and talk, with tax $47.78 each pr month but it's gotta be a AT&T phone because we tried it with a version and data plan was less. Package started out as 2g data than got a text from them saying its going up to 5 and it did

Hoosier

Sprint appears to have coverage in my area. I'm guessing you live in Indiana? How well did it work when you were in the U.P? I get constant calls that never ring and go to voicemail or not receiving texts, I'm sick of paying a premium price for what I think is mediocre service, what company is your work cell? how does it compare, and would you go back to ting if you had too?

Yeah I live in Indiana. Ting (on Sprint network) worked fine for voice/text in the UP - it has phone roaming so you should get phone service anywhere. The trade-off is it doesn't have data roaming. I don't care if I don't get data while on vacation in the middle of nowhere, but I can see that being an issue for some (if you stay in a hotel, they all have wifi).

My work phone is verizon, which in my experience has slightly better voice coverage than Sprint and quite a bit better data, but I will go back to Ting if I switch jobs and don't have a work phone anymore.

Give ting a try - no contract, just pay for what you use and you can buy a used sprint phone to see how it works. If you call them, a human answers immediately.

shift08

I am thinking of switching to Verizion from US cellular . But cant find any deals under $225 for 3 smart phones and 1 regular . How is Verizion as far as reception ? I live in centeral Wisconsin and go up north often . Mainly crandon area .