clicking or knocking at take off

chadlyt

just got my sled back form the shop after a bearing in the DD was replaced.

2009 AC xfire 6 1200 miles...

I get a clicking, only sometimes when i take off from idle or form around 10-15mph. It disappears until if slow down and take off again.

Not sure if it matters, but since the replacement, engagement form idle around 4000 rpm is a little jerky.

I guess the sound could be a binding noise almost like a baseball card in bike spokes.

i also put on scratchers and left them up for the first ride...

any suggestions where to look first?

Polarice

You may already know this, but it could be the belt.

I had the same issue with mine. There was a chunk out of the belt. Replaced it and it was fine.

chadlyt

i had put on a new belt before finding out that the bearing was bad. I may swap the old one back in, seeing the old belt was a year old and had 1200 miles on it. just to see if the noise goes away.

Not sure it would be the old bearing, but it could be anything anymore..

This happens frequently on my ZX chassis skidoos....when riding in the deep stuff, the front radiator melts snow creating a lot of slush up by the sprocket which drives the track. Stop for a break, and it freezes - the lugs on the track hit the ice and it creates a clicking sound.

indy_500

This happens frequently on my ZX chassis skidoos....when riding in the deep stuff, the front radiator melts snow creating a lot of slush up by the sprocket which drives the track. Stop for a break, and it freezes - the lugs on the track hit the ice and it creates a clicking sound.

Mine does that too, I have a lot of ice buildup problems with a brand new 1.25" ripsaw with 1/3 of the windows closed and minimal tunnel room along with short suspension travel.

Jesse

I agree with changing the belt, I had the same problem last year and it sounded like something dragging on the track. The sled had been frozen down to a trailer and in trying to break it loose a flat spot got worn into the belt. This really sucked, since the belt was new for that season, but a new one was cheaper than a dealership teardown by a longshot!

saber1

Had the same issue with my o5 Sabercat Turned out to be the belt The Dealer actually gave me the wrong one,So i got an aftermarket one and cleaned the clutch problem solved.