closed thread question

jonesin

FINAL POST::::::::::::::

Because of the censorship, I’m asking to be removed from the membership. Lots of good years here but I stand on principle and will not tolerate ridiculous censorship. Thanks Bruce!

sorry to see you go lenny, it was good to have you back!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
FINAL POST::::::::::::::

Because of the censorship, I’m asking to be removed from the membership. Lots of good years here but I stand on principle and will not tolerate ridiculous censorship. Thanks Bruce!

As we all know, there are always at least two sides to every story.

Lenny and I had a very civil and what I thought was constructive conversation on this topic. I explained to him while the post in question did not explicitly break the rules, there are few black and white issues in this world and that his post had was in what I considered a gray area. One could see no problem with it, while another could find it had broken the rules. I also pointed out that this discussion board is privately owned and thus is not bounded by the right to free speech by visitors, but rather the right to free speech protected me to run the board as I saw fit.

Lenny has been a friend of mine for a long time and I still consider him a friend. He has an exceptionally strong passion for what he believes in and I think that is awesome. I respect his viewpoint on the situation, but am disappointed that he has chosen not to respect my viewpoint and to say that this board contains instances of "ridiculous censorship".

I feel that I have gone out of my way to set simple, but straightforward rules and to enforce them to the best of my ability. There have been instances when a post or thread could have been left and was not, or could have been pulled and was not. I do not pretend to be perfect in any way, shape or form.

All the best to my friend Lenny. Hope our paths cross so we can visit and have some laughs together.

-John

slimcake

Didn't see the posts. Did read it from time to time. Censorship is a big issue to me. The way big tech (no not you John) can just flat shut down people they disagree with is frightening. I don't know this dcsnomo guy but I will say that someone that lives in commiefornia should probably take some extra time to consider context from the people that live in fly over country before getting on the high horse. If the word ammo makes you nervous you probably shouldn't be on a site filled with people that live in the big woods and/or rural areas. I am sad to see Lenny go. He is an OG. His heart is always in the right place. These discussion boards are a dying breed. Things like this only speed up the process. I have not seen a three pager in years. Let alone one where adults were discussing issues like adults. Sad to see it come to this.

maddogg

I think some of the problem too is that everyone's emotions are running higher lately....covid, work, other issues. I think its all compounded. Love the site though, been a follower for years. I always appreciated the personal/family aspect of it.

nytro_rtx

Didn't see the posts. Did read it from time to time. Censorship is a big issue to me. The way big tech (no not you John) can just flat shut down people they disagree with is frightening. I don't know this dcsnomo guy but I will say that someone that lives in commiefornia should probably take some extra time to consider context from the people that live in fly over country before getting on the high horse. If the word ammo makes you nervous you probably shouldn't be on a site filled with people that live in the big woods and/or rural areas. I am sad to see Lenny go. He is an OG. His heart is always in the right place. These discussion boards are a dying breed. Things like this only speed up the process. I have not seen a three pager in years. Let alone one where adults were discussing issues like adults. Sad to see it come to this.

X2, totally agree slimcake!!

dcsnomo

I live in Wisconsin, vote in Wisconsin, snowmobile in the UP.

goofy600

Lenny has left the sight before so maybe he will come back again. Lenny is very passionate and sometimes that can be hard.

sweeperguy

Lenny has left the sight before so maybe he will come back again. Lenny is very passionate and sometimes that can be hard.

I believe lenny just went underground last time. Don't remember a "Final Post " situation. (Could be wrong, have missed posts in the past)
Will miss you lenny. Good Luck to you in all you do.

goofy600

Possibly just know anything can change, like I said before Lenny is very passionate in his beliefs and also respects others so time will tell.

mezz

I'm sorry to hear that one of our long time members has forgone his participation on the board. I can understand anybody's passion or standing for your principle & respect it wholeheartedly. In the same token, the intent behind the rules of the board should have been gracefully respected & taken like an adult. I certainly don't feel that ridiculous censorship exists on this board. Nonetheless, it was a choice that was made, his contributions will be missed by many including myself despite his passion. :torn:-Mezz

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I did not coin this phrase, but it’s one I live by.

“Comparison is the Thief of Happiness”

Probably should be taken private somewhere, this is a public board.
Anybody watching Russia/Ukraine and China/Taiwan? I said over a year ago,
COVID is just a cover up to mask the big stuff going on. Anybody see China’s new sub?
We’re screwed. America is too busy destroying ourselves internally to notice.
Iran, yes Iran, has built an amazing Navy. US military equipment is......