Colorado trip

Bryan88

Where would be the best place to go in Colorado for two first timers out west? We would be looking to do off trail riding.

Thanks,
Bryan

indy_500

Colorado is more known for tight trees, high elevation, and steep terrain which is why most newbs don't head that dir3ction. Best area for new guys that I know of is the grand lake area due to their trail system.

willey

You may want to look into Thunder Mountain lodge in Grand Mesa. I've heard great things and they have been nailed with snow! Owner is a Wisconsin native.

chicagosledder

I guess that depends on what type of terrain you want to ride. Are you trail riding or powder riding. Like Indy said it is not really for the beginners. If you are riding off trail make sure you get a Avalanche Transceiver, shovel and probe. More importantly make sure everybody in the group is familiar and knows how to use them. I would also recommend hiring a guide for first time out. If it is trails you are looking at Grand Lake would be a nice place to start. Thunder Mountain Lodge is owned by a Milwaukee Wi. native, he is a nice guy. I have never stayed there but I talked to him on the phone.