Comfortable Shoes

teamarctic

Just started a new job where i am on my feet for 7-8 hours a day. well its been a week and my feet and legs are killing me. i just have my normal kswiss shoes, but they arent cutting it.
what would you guys recommend for the most comfortable shoe for standing long hours out there right now? i have a few in mind that i will be looking at but was wondering what you guys thought.

thanks

700classic

Check with your local Red Wing store. They make several different types of work shoe. You'll spend a little more but it'll be worth it.

GregY

I also have foot problems after breaking my heel about a decade ago. I find that athletic shoes are the worst for me. They just don't offer enough firm support when worn for long periods. Work shoes, like Red Wings, etc. can really help. If you need something dressier, Clarks and Ecco work well, but are pricey. I also found that the Dr. Scholl custom fit orthotics work great. (These are the ones you buy after standing on the machine in Wal-Mart or Meijer.) They are about $50 a pair, but I have 3 pair for my various work and casual shoes. Probably a reasonably priced pair of substantial leather shoes (work or casual) with the Dr. Scholl inserts will make a big difference in your comfort.

bigvin

Ouch!

Nothing like wrecking your legs with Bad shoes.
Same here!
Man, I go 350# and on my feet for 12 hour shifts,...
picked up a pair of "Sketchers",.....
Don't know how long they'll last,.... but Wow, What a difference.
Of course I put a set of Dr. Shoals Gel inserts inside also.
Good Luck!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wear these, I have had them for three years now, I do need to buy a new pair though. I spend 10-12 hours a day on concrete, they are very comfortable, a lot better than any regular shoe I have worn over the last 20 years or so.

Attachments

• 067T0171000.jpg
    067T0171000.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 85

eao

I learned 25 yrs ago, buy Red Wings and your feet will thank you. Also make sure to get them professionally fitted if you can and that way they will fit you correctly.

favoritos

Bring an extra pair to work. Change shoes at lunch break. You will be surprised.

Standing is much harder on my feet than walking. I have found that good shoes do help. Ecco shoes are very good, but may be too fancy for many work environments. The Red Wing shoes are nice too and offer the option of steel toe when needed. Their shoes tend to weigh a little more though.

favoritos

Look at the Keen shoes. They are more known for their sandels but I have a pair of their shoes and the are the best shoes I've ever worn. They're pricey, but worth it.

Dave

Funny that you mention those. I have a pair and they are comfy once you get the laces tied. The laces do not tighten easily though. I was in a shop yesterday and one of the people working there tapped me on the shoulder to show me his Keen shoes. I guess I should be proud of those shoes.:)
I compare them to a Merril shoe with more support and better soles.

teamarctic

lots of good advice so far. thanks guys!

what im doing is working the grill at the turn at the golf course i work at. im in a small building and my work space is about 6x12, not much moving around.

dont really want boots, dont really fit the outfit(shorts and a polo). looking for shoes over boots.

Red Wing for sure , worth every penny, and youll never wear another shoe again ......on my feet 12 hrs a day for the last 27 yrs and tried them all, and red wing is the best by far.. Been wearing them the last 20 years

Last edited:

98panther

I like my Redwings but unless I really need boots they are too heavy.

But Keens sound like the answer, I wear a couple pairs all the time.
They do make a slip resistant black shoe if you need them for kitchen/grill work. I also work at a grille part time.

lofsfire

Bates ICS once you find the style you like look on the internet I bought my last pair that showed $115 on their site from another site for $75 with free shipping. I like the Red Wings too.

Last edited:

loriwlrc

I'll ditto on the Bates shoes, check out their web site at www.batesfootwear.com. Used to buy Keen and Ecco but they are not snowmobile friendly companies. Sketchers exercisor shoes are way comfy but take time to get used to. Another great shoe is Araits which I wear as well as the Bates when I do my 6 hour plus waitress job, swear by them both for walking and standing long hours.

M

Mattarsc

I have been test driving a pair of Murrell's for the past three months. 9 hr's a day on cement, and jumping on and off Sled's and fourwheeler's, foot shifting, kicking tires. They are abused every single day, no days off. Fairly light weight. Pricey though for the Gortex ones I have. Gander was best price (After I bought mine at Tradehome.)
I had the Redwing steel toe boots, non insulated. They were comfortable, very heavy, but were a good boot.

M

Mattarsc

I have been test driving a pair of Murrell's for the past three months. 9 hr's a day on cement, and jumping on and off Sled's and fourwheeler's, foot shifting, kicking tires. They are abused every single day, no days off. Fairly light weight. Pricey though for the Gortex ones I have. Gander was best price (After I bought mine at Tradehome.)
I had the Redwing steel toe boots, non insulated. They were comfortable, very heavy, but were a good boot. And although I have a TON of Klim jackets, shirts, riding gear, I would not be able to buy the shoes. They didn't hold up. :-(