Complaints

bladeguy

I think there should be a complaint forum where we can all complain about this years forecasts. So far all of John's forecasts for December in the U.P. have been terrible and depressing. I think he should be held accountable! Of course I am being facetious. But I think we all at one time or another need to just say THIS STINKS!! Go ahead boys (and girls) let it all out...

D

Deleted member 10829

Patience its only december 3rd.
True, but have you looked at any long range forecasts? The one I just looked at shows one day below freezing for a high all the way through December, and 6 of the next 10 days have highs in the mid, yes, mid 40's. Now I know that will more than likely change some, but it isn't looking good for December when we need to be building a base and freezing everything UP.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
My name is Skylar, I am a snowmobileholic. I prefer deep snow in da woods, putting on maybe 20 miles in one day. I NEED deep snow to enjoy my version of snowmobiling. Winter is too short to miss a whole month. Also, if one more person makes a comment to me about the nice weather we are having, I'm kicking them in the junk.

Thank you for allowing me to share my feelings.

scoot

I'm a glass half full kinda guy. Looking on the bright side we already got almost a quarter of our annual snowfall here before Thanksgiving.
It melted within a day or two...... But we got it dang it! :eek:
I actually rode the grandkids around the yard too.

kevinj

My name is Skylar, I am a snowmobileholic. I prefer deep snow in da woods, putting on maybe 20 miles in one day. I NEED deep snow to enjoy my version of snowmobiling. Winter is too short to miss a whole month. Also, if one more person makes a comment to me about the nice weather we are having, I'm kicking them in the junk.

I literally just spit my lunch out laughing when I read the part about kicking them in the junk. I agree. How about the part when we get 2 inches of snow in mid-November and I get asked "so are you going to be able to get the snowmobile out of the trails this weekend?"

Then people are shocked when I say, sure a fresh 6 inches every 3 days with temps in the teens would be perfect. You don't like winter, get the ___ out!!!

shelby369

Don't know if I should say this, but Weatherbell's daily update today (12/3)

starting to show light later this month and through Jan/Feb......winter will come, we've been spoiled the last few years.

Don't know if I should say this, but Weatherbell's daily update today (12/3)

starting to show light later this month and through Jan/Feb......winter will come, we've been spoiled the last few years.
we may have been lucky (spoiled) the last few years. But Id say in the last 10 years I can only remember maybe 3 we couldnt ride Vilas county between the holidays.

mezz

I don't want to be kicked in the junk, so, I will just ask that the rest of you remember that we have had late starts before. Example: Dec 22, 2008 12-21-08 - First Ride #2.jpg 12-21-08 - First Ride.jpg
Nothing near rideable literally days before this, this was the first outing of the season.

Again, Jan 8th 2011 nothing rideable until...... Deep 01-08-11.jpg Deep everywhere 01-08-11.jpg Again, all I can say is things do change & can change quickly. Whatever you do until this happens, don't get kicked in the junk.:cool:-Mezz

Last edited:

snobuilder

Just put in for every other weekend as 4 days off starting Jan. 8....gotta be poositive!

Local weather guesser added in a junk kick to us snow worshipers after acting all proud and giddy to report above avg. temps for the next 10 days he went on to say no cold temps or snow,...even for those who want it.....like he is the weather nazi and got some sorta control of it....

G

G

Just hit 46 degrees here. I have both hands over my junk. Really hard to type.

groomerdriver

My name is Groomerdriver, I am a snowmobileholic. I prefer deep snow in da woods which means a thick base on the trails, putting on maybe 200 miles in one day. I need snow to enjoy my version of snowmobiling. Winter is too short to miss a whole month. Also, if one more person makes a comment to me about the nice weather we are having, I'm kicking them in the junk.

Very poetic Skylar! I just had to steal it and I owe you a cocktail or beer or soda.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kicked in the Junk? Let's remind ourselves before someone goes off "half cocked" that it's early December. Plus there's that pesky El Nino fella out there and if anybody should be kicked in the junk it should be him for causing all this angst among us. I do agree that two low-snow winters is a bit much to tolerate but let's wait and see how it plays out. If this thread is still active by the middle of January it's going to be every man for himself as in "duck and cover".

scottiking

12308504_1089390121093659_3003890583162926719_n.jpg

OUT

POLARISDAN

yea i refuse to watch the weather clowns in MN..i am sick and tired of "oh its going to be a beautiful melting warming trend this week"..ill stick with my weather channel girls

dofo1

I think there should be a complaint forum where we can all complain about this years forecasts. So far all of John's forecasts for December in the U.P. have been terrible and depressing. I think he should be held accountable! Of course I am being facetious. But I think we all at one time or another need to just say THIS STINKS!! Go ahead boys (and girls) let it all out...

How can we complain when all John's forecasts including the seasonal outlook have been spot on this year. His record has to be approaching 100% damn it.