Conover/Land O' Lakes

JimAndros

X2 Jim join us as you are Xcrossing our routes in the area. We can stay in Vilas if you want or take a longer ride with us Tues & Thursday probabaly not over 200 miles when we ride UP back by 5 ish. Ken I'll ride after lunch today sent you an email not sure if you are at work still? .....I will head west into Conover today for a putz ride...will know if I see you. :)

Did you come to Conover today? Stop anywhere?

whitedust

Did you come to Conover today? Stop anywhere?

Yeppers looped around Mapleview Trail ended up on an ER lake so U turned backed to 12/45 rode into Conover then took 13 north to Lando had some fun on G bumps on 6 entering Lando. Stopped at Lando Rec to see Ben & set up 2016 Doo 150 HP+ 4s demo after he returns from Vegas meeting. Took 6e back to Phelps best I have seen Lando 6 in along time 6 in Phelps very white 13 north not so much but all trails goodish. New snow made the trail very soft & forgiving my 144 liked it a lot...gassed up in Phelps took unplowed Frs home. A quick 90 miles or so & very enjoyable ride.:)

JimAndros

I was going to ride to work yesterday, but they needed me to pick up 2 parts at Land-O Rec before I came in, so I took the car. Ben handed them to me, so I know he was working.

As for trail 13 N from Hwy K, that is our busiest trail. Gets groomed nearly nightly but it is also always the roughest. Next worst segment is from Hwy 45 W until the 1st intersection (45 S). So long as am talking about trail conditions, let me give one heads-up. When coming into Conover from the west, as you proceed east from the 45 S intersection towards the WI River bridge, the trail gets narrow and winds as it drops down to the bridge. As you enter the right turn and descent, the corner is all ice and expect to slide to the outside of the corner into the oncoming traffic lane. TAKE THIS AREA SLOW ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BRIDGE!

jim, was thinking pf looping in your area later this evening before the cold snap .....if you wanna meet up....prob 7/10E ER then 13/3 towards Bauers then back to Sayner on 8W.....my usual route.....

interested...?

JimAndros

jim, was thinking pf looping in your area later this evening before the cold snap .....if you wanna meet up....prob 7/10E ER then 13/3 towards Bauers then back to Sayner on 8W.....my usual route.....

interested...?

Sure, I was going to go out later, thinking the same thing about he cold. Want to tinker a bit 1st. Deb works today at noon so I'm free. Check your mail.

whitedust

Little early for an April Fools joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Little early for an April Fools joke.

Planning ahead if 2016 Apex xtx gone which it very well might be I'll look at 150+ hp 4s doo sled. If Doo doesn't have 150+hp 4s then need to punt. If 2016 Doo 4s available I'll be demoing it asap. Ben knows what I'm looking for which is a good thing. Sure will miss eps but who knows what is coming next week in any event have my ducks in a row.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I was going to go out later, thinking the same thing about he cold. Want to tinker a bit 1st. Deb works today at noon so I'm free. Check your mail.

I hope you guys get together no time like the present for JD members to meet & ride. I'll Pm you with ideas for Tuesday.