Cooke City Snow

Cat-ryder50

Any help would be appreciated. How are the snow conditions in Cooke City 4 of us are driving out next Friday night for a week and haven't been seeing much new snow lately. Anyone been out riding there recently?

ZRman31

I'm also wondering the same... Doesn't look to good as of right now. Warm temps and no new snow. We are heading there in a few weeks

ezra

all my trips are on hold. the only plan I have now it to wait until there is a storm some place then roll there. if no rooms we will bring the toy hauler . screw driving 18hrs to ride piss pounded wind blown set up chit .

fireworks

Part of me wishes I had those options too. We left our truck/trailer in storage in Idaho Falls, ID and flew home. We fly back out next Friday for 9 days. I can't believe that WY, Alpine, Tog or Cooke will not get hit with a storm. But who knows the way this winter has gone. Not even the skiing is that good right now out west.

zimmbob

I am sitting in Cooke City right now. Not lying, when we got here on Friday night, we were worried. Went out on Saturday and it was horrible. Everything was packed and tracked bad. Hard as a rock. Then the fun started. Snow hasn't stopped since Sunday. In town it's only been about 6 or 8 inches, but out in the passes there is a new 18 to 24 and the riding was phenomenal today. Some of the best we've seen. There is like no one here. We are at the Alpine and there are 8 sleds including our 4. Not much up anywhere else either. It snowed all day long today. I'd expect another foot or more out away from town again. Bad part is seeing. Cloudy and snowing. So it's slow out to some trees and then you can see well.

Supposed to keep snowing all the way through Saturday. It gets better every day out there.

zimmbob

Got more snow last night. Not a lot, but it filled in most of the tracks out there. lots of good snow to ride. Especially between the Lake trail and Lulu Pass. More snow tonight. Snowing like crazy right now actually.

srt20

Got more snow last night. Not a lot, but it filled in most of the tracks out there. lots of good snow to ride. Especially between the Lake trail and Lulu Pass. More snow tonight. Snowing like crazy right now actually.

I think I'm more impressed that you found a place that has working wifi in cooke......lol

ZRman31

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that we hit it right... Heading out in exactly 2 weeks. Thanks for the update zimmbob!!!