Cool thing in McDonalds drive up today

euphoric1

this morning in the McDonalds drive up I pull up to the pay window and the guy collecting money said...." the guy in front of you paid for yours would you like to pay for the people behind you " I will admit I didn't process it right away, I was like What??? and he repeated it again and said at one point this morning someone paid for the people behind them meal and It has been continuing all morning, and would I like to continue it? pretty sure it was a manager so had no reason to lie about it as the normal window girl behind him was all smiles and saying how cool this was. So yes I kept it going, someone after all had the kindness to buy the peoples meal behind them, and then that person thought they should pay it forward and I have to say it was pretty cool and wonder how long it will continue before someone breaks the kindness/pay it forward gesture. Its not every day you get asked if you would like to buy the peoples meal behind you because the people in front of you bought yours.
A cool start to the day!

katden4

I have done it a few times when somebody waves you in front of them, nice gesture type of situation. I have not been in a chain like you had this morning. Very nice nice, and gives you the feeling there are still some nice people out there. Thanks for sharing!

timo

My wife is a massage therapist, so receiving tips is part of her daily grind. Every time we go out to eat, she over tips wait staff. Wife claims she will receive it back 10x.....so far, I believe she is right.
I feel i'm an above average tipper. Min i do in 20% and that is with bad service.
This whole tipping thing now has really gotten out of control. There isn't anywhere I go that an ipad isn't stuffed in my face with tip choices,,, for simply me going to pick up a cup of coffee. Shortly I would be expecting the kid who bags my groceries is going to be looking for a tip

wisco-mb

I've never done that., however my wife and I will pick up the restaurant bill for a young family. We try to do this once a month.

Don~
That's very nice of you!
The bad news outshines the good news out there.... Good to hear things like this.

I'm the same way with my tips. At least 20%. I worked in the restaurant business and know how hard they work.
My wife picked up a side job to waitress a couple times a month to pay some old college debt. Overall, people are pretty good tippers.

I saw this video a couple weeks ago. Hilarious:ROFLMAO::LOL: 55 burgers, 55 fries..

wiscrev

My oldest son taught me this one. No matter your what your tip is, add a $2 bill with it. Seems to brighten up the servers day. I now carry $10-20 worth of $2 bills in a side slot in my billfold.

mspease

I'm guessing he is referring to the McDonald's sign acknowledging the 10 and under team and Brody hit 2 dingers. I'm not sure, but that must be Brody in the picture and still in his baseball gear.

pclark

Good ol Re-formulated gas in the five county SE Wisconsin area, been that way for 25- 30 years, has it helped improve the air quality? Or is it just another way to make more money from the most populated area of the state? I believe it was put in place because of the polution blowing up from the Chicago area or something to that effect.