Corn on the cob

larry_d

I LOVE sweet corn and I have to say that Twin Garden Farm's Mirai is the best. They are out of Harvard IL, but sell it at many farmers markets in the Chicago/southern Wi area. I am going to pick 4up dozen tomorrow! - LD

ash_lake_ryan

Just had corn on the grill last night with some venison steaks. The night before was stew with the same venison and all the veggies from our garden. The night before was venison fajiata's and all the veggies from out garden. Who needs a grocery store!!

uncle_ed

I hear ya on cleaning the freezer out Ryan. Last night was BLT`s with tomatoes from the garden. Night before was vension meatloaf and last weekend was venision k-bobs. Im down to 3 or 4 paks of vension left in the freezer from last seasons two 8-pointers. My hunting luck always seems a little better when the freezer is empty!!

chords

Boiled fresh picked corn. This time I just spread on the Italian dressing and butter together. Saved alot of xtra work and tasted just as good. Kinda gives it a little kick. Corn should be here for a few more weeks.

chords

Korn still available for another week or 2. Going back for more tommorow

116016.jpg

S

scott_b

Is there a way to store corn on the cob? I don't imagine you can freeze it...

sabercat

You can buy frozen corn on the cob at the store. The wife brought some home once and I remember it was like eating water logged soggy corn. yuk. Maybe there is a secret method to making frozen corn.

Fresh is best!

uncle_ed

You can cut the corn off of a cooked cob and freeze or can it. It is actually really good frozen if the corn was tasty on the cob. Can you imagine back in the day having to prep corn to be consumed the rest of the year. That is alot of work!