Covid

euphoric1

I didn't either when I had it, wife did though, and I believe we both had the omicron as well over christmas

mnuser

the good news is now though.... CDC declared or admitted today that natural immunity is 3 to 5 times better than being vaccinated!!! Of course, it was probably known and never admitted to.
Can you site your source for that information? Would like to read it. Thanks.

euphoric1

Can you site your source for that information? Would like to read it. Thanks.
I heard it on A.M. 1130 talk show I regularly listen to, you can google it, yahoo it search it however you want, the case study results and cdc admissions are out there easy to find. I'm sure the people who still buy into the fear mongering and administrations BS will label it as misinformation but hey... we are all entitled to our own opinion's and what we want to or not believe. Either way IMO it has been known for a long time and you can go right down the line of other illnesses, virus's that once you are exposed, likelihood and severity are greatly reduced. Those who have children can attest to it, once you send your kids foo to school what happens, you have to rebuild your immunity to everything you havent been exposed to in years. I doubt it will ever become mainstream news for the same reason why we will never admit to the idiotic way we reacted to it in the first place and continue to pay for and will continue to pay for, for a long time. Discredit it, call it misinformation, whatever people want to do. I'll follow the science... the shutdown accomplished nothing, masks are useless (unless wearing high end ones), it's a virus it spreads and adapts, and the vaccination is not the answer. I'll follow the science, not the science that's being forced down out throat.

mnuser

I heard it on A.M. 1130 talk show I regularly listen to, you can google it, yahoo it search it however you want, the case study results and cdc admissions are out there easy to find. I'm sure the people who still buy into the fear mongering and administrations BS will label it as misinformation but hey... we are all entitled to our own opinion's and what we want to or not believe. Either way IMO it has been known for a long time and you can go right down the line of other illnesses, virus's that once you are exposed, likelihood and severity are greatly reduced. Those who have children can attest to it, once you send your kids foo to school what happens, you have to rebuild your immunity to everything you havent been exposed to in years. I doubt it will ever become mainstream news for the same reason why we will never admit to the idiotic way we reacted to it in the first place and continue to pay for and will continue to pay for, for a long time. Discredit it, call it misinformation, whatever people want to do. I'll follow the science... the shutdown accomplished nothing, masks are useless (unless wearing high end ones), it's a virus it spreads and adapts, and the vaccination is not the answer. I'll follow the science, not the science that's being forced down out throat.
Wow. You got a touch defensive. I'm not saying you are wrong. I honestly don't care what happens with any of it. I'm over the whole thing. I will google it. I just figured you would have a source that you would like to share to help those that waver back and forth.

acase27

I'm guessing your radio talk show
Wow. You got a touch defensive. I'm not saying you are wrong. I honestly don't care what happens with any of it. I'm over the whole thing. I will google it. I just figured you would have a source that you would like to share to help those that waver back and forth.

I'm guessing the radio show is talking about this study:

The show must've forgot to mention that the people with the best resistance not only had been infected, but also had the vaccine. Seems there can be misinformation from both sides. Hard to believe I know.

mnuser

I'm guessing your radio talk show

I'm guessing the radio show is talking about this study:

The show must've forgot to mention that the people with the best resistance not only had been infected, but also had the vaccine. Seems there can be misinformation from both sides. Hard to believe I know.
Thank you for the link. That is all I was asking. I was kinda expecting the rant though because asking simple questions is the day and age seem to have a triggering affect. I figured there was a vaccinated component to the study. I had COVID and ended up in the hospital for a full day and was sick for over a month. Got it late 2020. Whole family ended up getting. The kids had the least response. Vaccinated now and I'm glad I am.

I found this paragraph interesting:

What is added by this report?

During May–November 2021, case and hospitalization rates were highest among persons who were unvaccinated without a previous diagnosis. Before Delta became the predominant variant in June, case rates were higher among persons who survived a previous infection than persons who were vaccinated alone. By early October, persons who survived a previous infection had lower case rates than persons who were vaccinated alone.

G

G

Around here the people that supposedly died from Covid were not long for this world before Covid came along. Just saying........

mnuser

Around here the people that supposedly died from Covid were not long for this world before Covid came along. Just saying........
That is a pretty cold way to look at it I guess but at some point that will be you or me and I hope I'm not describe like that.

euphoric1

mnuser, I did not take your request as an attack, and I did not mean my response to be that way, I just wanted to convey my opinion as I take it, because there are many out there to quickly discredit, I'm not saying I'm right or they are wrong, just my stance and my opinion, right or wrong. I didn't take offense and didn't intend you to take any from me either.

mnuser

mnuser, I did not take your request as an attack, and I did not mean my response to be that way, I just wanted to convey my opinion as I take it, because there are many out there to quickly discredit, I'm not saying I'm right or they are wrong, just my stance and my opinion, right or wrong. I didn't take offense and didn't intend you to take any from me either.
I get it. Like I said, I'm completely over the whole thing. It is a personal choice for us and I don't hold it against anybody who goes one way or the other. Life has all sorts of choices and we just learn to accept the consequences of our choices and move on. That is the best part of living in this country. Take care and enjoy what is left of winter.

euphoric1

I lost 3 very close friends 'allegedly' to covid, all of which I would question the method of treatment more than covid itself. I also have freinds that are living with long term effects from covid and vaccinations. You cannot deny it's not real, but you can question our reaction, how we treated and continue to treat it and the truth about vaccination...its risks, effectiveness and who knows what about long term. I have a family member who works in health care, vaxxed and boosted, got covid, full blown, not omicron. On a weds she phoned workplace to inform her condition was not getting better and had now lost taste and smell and was instructed to return to work on that Friday. There are so many hypocrisies with it all, we will never know the truth.

euphoric1

I get it. Like I said, I'm completely over the whole thing. It is a personal choice for us and I don't hold it against anybody who goes one way or the other. Life has all sorts of choices and we just learn to accept the consequences of our choices and move on. That is the best part of living in this country. Take care and enjoy what is left of winter.
you as well! fingers crossed for potential storm John has listed for our area.

renegade600

I'm sick of the political BS regarding this thing, and the rhetoric on what ever side is talking. All I know is a few weeks back I attended (2) separate funerals in the same week for healthy friends that were fine prior to getting this bug...... I've never attended a funeral for anyone who died of the common flu...... this thing is not bullshit.....

saber1

272792306_343537864484886_2471724560473520228_n.jpg

just insert covid

MATTR

I'm sick of the political BS regarding this thing, and the rhetoric on what ever side is talking. All I know is a few weeks back I attended (2) separate funerals in the same week for healthy friends that were fine prior to getting this bug...... I've never attended a funeral for anyone who died of the common flu...... this thing is not bullshit.....
Agreed. Lost a great friend 6 weeks ago and a lifelong neighbor 3 days ago. I was really hoping this thread would've gotten shut down

2TrakR

Study shows zero benefit for getting the shot after having covid for the delta variant. Note on the chart below where previous infection with/out shots and shots only fall. That's correct, previous infection reduced the "hazard" rate the most and was indistinguishable between shots or not if one previously "survived" covid.

You are correct there is a lot of misinformation out there. Does not sound like the show was one of those sources.

mm7104e1_F-large.gif

snobuilder

Delta is a variant, Omicron is also a variant which is allegedley not as severe, but why are the hospitalizations higher than the original outbreak? My daughters, son-in-laws & 8 grand kids have had it except the little guy whos only 1 1/2. Older kids got it in school & shared the illness in their respective households. Thankfully, no real serious effects, they were all pretty sick, but not hospital sick. Who knows what lasting effects this may have with them down the road, I am hopeful that it will be none.
It will have lasting effects. It has strengthened all of their immune systems.

snobuilder

Counted among the "unvaccinated" include No shots, first shot only, second shot only . So if you haven't gotten the latest booster after your initial doses, you are considered" unvaccinated"