Crossfire 6 or Renegade 600ho which one to buy?

mn_mxz

I'm looking for a different trail/ off trial sled. I have always had Ski-doo but I found a good deal on a 06 crossfire 6. Does anyone have an opinion on which way to go? Thanks.

brad

I'm admittedly 'Doo biased...........so why would you want to change? Unless you have non-brand riding gear, this would be an issue too.

Ski-Doo Renegade all the way IMHO.

mn_mxz

The main reason that I'm considering the Crossfire 6 is that I can get it for about $4k and it is in crate. I can't find a Renegade with under 2500 miles on it for that price.

mezz

New, & in the crate, hmmm, let's see...... I hate to sound like one of my daughters, but,
" Well, Dahh!?!" LOL. Seriously though, Dahh! First of all, the price is sweet, In the box, is sweeter. I am sure you will still qualify for a 1 yr warranty as well. I have an 06 X6 myself & I really enjoy it. I don't know what kind of riding you do, but it is great on & off trail. I did make a couple of changes on mine as I do a lot of off-trail riding here in the Keweenaw. I have a set of Parabolic Skis which do help in the floatation dept. I also up-graded the track from 1.25 ripsaw to 1.60 Mtn Paddle. Last year I added a custom touch with a Telescopic steering post with new style mtn bars, saweet! Sure nice in both standing & seated position. I am bias in the brand dept as I have had green blood for as long as I can remember, but, this really is a good deal, go for it. I think you will be happy with it.-Mezz

brad

How can you dispute what Mezz sezz??

But I just have to say that I've had yellow blood (despite the fact that my last 3 sleds were black on black, but yellow is traditionally the Ski-Doo color I guess) for as long as I can remember, and there might be a VERY GOOD reason that you can't find a Renegade with such a great deal.........I don't know..........JMHO.

S

skylar

They are both very cabable off/on trail sleds. I guess it comes down to how much you want to spend, and how brand loyal you are.
happy.gif

polarisrider1

I have a great deal on a 06 Renegade 600 SDI for you. with a cover. $3600. Not a thing wrong with it. This week only. Bring Cash and You will be very pleased with this sled. All stock and black. needs nothing ready to ride. I have pics. Sled is in Grand Rapids, MI area. pd. $7450 new. 5180 miles all in snow.

mn_mxz

We have a 05 MXZ 600ho that is extended to 136" and we love the sled. I would prefer a Renegade but for the price I'm still considering the Crossfire 6. I'm going to look at tomorrow and see what I think. I did find a Renegade with 1400 miles for about the same price, it is an 800ho. I'm not sure how I feel about the 800 Ski-doo motor, I have heard more bad than good.

Polarisrider-That does sound like a fair deal but that is way to many miles for me.

Thanks for all your input guys.

saber

I absolutley love my Renegade, have ridden the Crossfire and they are nice too.

But money talks and for that price I would switch to the Cat.

samc

5180 miles all in snow?
Sorry, I have to be the one to ask, grass drags, water skipping, etc? What is the alternative?

polarisrider1

samc, all of the above. I ride in the snow, and lots of it. Unlike some I know. I know it sounds strange but I got your attention. lol. Look what time I posted it. And yes this sled has been very well taken care of. I figure the motor is 25% thru its life and half way thru the price. equals good deal.

ezra

I have a xfire 7 great sled.the olny thing with the 06 is thay did not come with tunnel reinforcers late build and 07 up did .thay cost under 30 bucks.if you are not jumping drivways you dont need them.I put the cpcracing no sno on my 7 stiffens tunnel and opens boards. if you dont but the 6 let me know who has it I will buy it.and as far as 800 doo's I have had 2 and I have had 2 bad crank bearings now I have olny cats.just my 2cents.if the xfire is out of salvage it will olny have a 90 day warr.ac calls sleds from closed dealers old stock and demos salvage.I know a guy who could buy from them I got 4 new sleds out of salvage great deals.sadly no more or I would still be getting a new ride or 2 every season

ezra

just checked the dealers in your pall park cheepest I found was 4999 were you alredy camel trading over the phone

mn_mxz

I guess I waited too long, the sled has been sold. I have been finding a few more renegades in my price range. I do like the ski-doo better as far as rider position, so I'm thinking that I'll stay with a Rev. I'm going to keep looking and see what I find at Princeton and Haydays.

Thanks for all of the input.

Scott

brad

Atta boy Scott! And if you stay with a 'Doo you won't have to go to the trouble of changing your user name from mn mxz to mn crossfire. Just think of the time savings with just that! LOL...

mn_mxz

Brad- That is a great point. Just think of all the time I will be saving no. I would have had to update all the sites...Dootalk, HCS, Snowest. LOL!

2buckchuck

The gade for you is out there. Now me, I'm a 4stroker. But people say that the Rev chassis is superior to all other chassis.

the xfire was too good to be true anyway. Good luck, you will find something at Haydays.