Demo'd 2014 AC 7000

agriffinjd

Went to the demo rides in Marquette for AC. Rode the 7000 LXR and 7000 SnoPro.

I'm a yamaha nytro rider so I was anxious to see how the yamaha motor that I love felt in the AC chassis. It handled great. Loved it for going through corners. No ski lift. This was the snopro. Their LXR wasn't as good. It had a 1" track on it and the back end swayed all over the place. The snopro though was great for handling.

Only negative was the engine felt a little tamed. The reps said AC is using their own EFI instead of yamaha's. So maybe that has something to do with it. From a stand-still it just didn't have the same arm-stretching torque feel as my nytro. But in the mid-range it felt closer to the same but still just a tad tamed. Maybe it's just the chassis absorbs the power differently than the nytro's chassis? I've not ridden the newer vectors with the tamed nytro motor maybe it's more in line with them?

I still liked the feel though with that chassis. I could see trading my nytro in for a viper in 2015 or 2016, or even an AC of same year if they are as reliable as the yamahas and don't eat belts.

buddah2

dont think u need to worry about belts that ended in the 12's

Still hasn't ended for the 1100 turbo guys......I rode with one this weekend who goes through them frequently........and yes, he's checked and double checked alignment, balance, and everything else he can think of......

whitedust

Will be very interesting lining up Viper & Cat 7000 head to head & let them rip next year. The mag-rag guys need something to write about .lol

dmsrx

We did the same this weekend. Pretty much the same comments as agriffinjd. Liked the Sno pro better than the LXR and have the same impressions of it, but I didn't like not being able to lock my feet into the Sno Pro. The engines definitly need calibrated but I am sure that will happen before production. These are prototypes, not even pre production sleds. All said and done, not sure if it is worth spending money to upgrade from the 03 RX1 still.

L

lenny

looking forward to demoing at Pat's in greenland next weekend, will post my opinion

buddah2

looking forward to demoing at Pat's in greenland next weekend, will post my opinion

I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to calendars, but I'm fairly certain the 18th & 19th are a Monday and Tuesday......so where does the "weekend" figure in? ;)

ezra

Any one think they have the more expensive sno pro set up with more desirable shock and skid settings than the lxr so people snow check the sno pro for more money?

blu2u2

Still hasn't ended for the 1100 turbo guys......I rode with one this weekend who goes through them frequently........and yes, he's checked and double checked alignment, balance, and everything else he can think of......

My 2013 AC 1100 Turbo went through 3 belts in less than 1300 miles!

ezra

I have heard of a few but know of more than 10 in my extended circle with good luck and of those 10 2 are over 350hp and 1 220hp those 3 do consistently adjust and shim clutches but are used as drag sleds that get some lake riding but no issues.
do u people have venting cut in to cool your clutches? if not get on that that even helped on the 12's the guys I know with turbos have frogz skin venting just behind a arm right in fr of primary and I think the 14 come with venting in that same spot.
1 can only assume U guys are breaking your costly belts in correctly.

T

Team Elkhorn

Any one think they have the more expensive sno pro set up with more desirable shock and skid settings than the lxr so people snow check the sno pro for more money?
That, and you have to get a Sno Pro to get a 7000 in green? Whats up with that? My last 3 sleds were green, including my current LXR. I'm not stopping the trend now. Besides, nothing stirs the brand nazis into a frenzy more than AC green. Its how I thumb my nose at them without even trying. ;)

D

Deleted member 10829

As ezra said above, the cooling vents are huge. When I had my FST, the heat generated under the hood was causing me to blow a belt every 1,000 miles. rp7x helped my put in the SLP vents below and what a difference it made! I more than doubled the life of my belts.

Picture 396.jpg

mjkaliszak

My 2013 AC 1100 Turbo went through 3 belts in less than 1300 miles!

My 12 ( f-800 SP ) has just 1000, it has eaten 1 ( grenade ) and the other is on it's way out. I can feel it.... Wish they made a stronger belt guard. It blows the crap out of everything..... ! Of course I could change my riding style.... or lack of it ! LOL

mjkaliszak

Well I am , only have patience for the 1st 20 miles.... By the time I change the belt , clean up the shrapnel, bend my belt guard back into shape, .... I have hot head.... my glasses fog and I have to break in the belt.... LOL

lvr1000

VERY IMPORTANT!
With Sled set at 280 (break in), clutched for 375 and Diamond geared up (really works the belt), I blew through 3 belts in 700 miles (30, 225, 430) running pump fuel.
Since my clutching and gearing are hard on the belt taking it easy, I now break the belts in on the wife's non turbo 1100. Worked very well, 870miles (plus 135 on hers) and belt still going strong. Everyday I would put a new belt on her sled, so now I got plenty of belts broken in.