Dirt Bikers

cooksend

cooksend Today I put some seat time on the kdx after taking a brake from it. I've came to the conclusion I like the yz way more. I think put the flywheel weight on and bring my bars up 2 more inches and get the 3 gallon tank and it'll be one heck of a woods bike.

Carefull going up 2". That is a bunch. Mine is up just a touch over an inch and I find it perfect for the stand up riding. Always a compromise of some sorts you know! Hope you and Mr. Tic had a good ride!

reiley99

Carefull going up 2". That is a bunch. Mine is up just a touch over an inch and I find it perfect for the stand up riding. Always a compromise of some sorts you know! Hope you and Mr. Tic had a good ride!
It was a short one but saw some pretty nice places . Then my son and I took a hot lap around the plains again.I ran into a guy
out there said there's a pretty challenging single track by republic anybody heard of it?

cooksend

It was a short one but saw some pretty nice places . Then my son and I took a hot lap around the plains again.I ran into a guy
out there said there's a pretty challenging single track by republic anybody heard of it?

That would be Porterfield. That is a fun area to ride and a bunch of options. Last time I was there a couple years ago they were putting some more trails in. The marking could be better and some of the new stuff is so tight you can't get out of first gear. That is unless it has been cut in better. Been there a few times though and always fun!

Woodtic

Sorry for such a short ride Steve,we will have to plan it a bit better next time. The old bike ran great all weekend. Ended up putting over 200 miles on, just by taking hour long rips hear and there. I think east of you is where it's at.

reiley99

Sorry for such a short ride Steve,we will have to plan it a bit better next time. The old bike ran great all weekend. Ended up putting over 200 miles on, just by taking hour long rips hear and there. I think east of you is where it's at.

No problem on the short ride. Yes heading east out of L'anse is a very nice ride.

ranlam

pics

Had the Baraga Plains loop all to myself early saturday morning, awesome trail. Got lost and hit some forest roads that were awesome to. Back tracked and seen were i missed the arrow:) When i got back to truck i had a couple of spoon fulls left of gas! The trail loop is 28 miles? That means lots of extra exploring. Very very nice area to play around cant wait to go back. Reiley and I were gonna hook up for sunday ride but its gonna rain all day. Does anyone else like that feeling of being lost by yourself lol. I had a compass (didnt look at it) need to get gps. Its hard to back track a bike sometimes good thing i was on the gas cause its hard to see tracks otherwise.

Attachments

• 0614141117.jpg
    0614141117.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 0614141035.jpg
    0614141035.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 0614140957.jpg
    0614140957.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19

reiley99

Had the Baraga Plains loop all to myself early saturday morning, awesome trail. Got lost and hit some forest roads that were awesome to. Back tracked and seen were i missed the arrow:) When i got back to truck i had a couple of spoon fulls left of gas! The trail loop is 28 miles? That means lots of extra exploring. Very very nice area to play around cant wait to go back. Reiley and I were gonna hook up for sunday ride but its gonna rain all day. Does anyone else like that feeling of being lost by yourself lol. I had a compass (didnt look at it) need to get gps. Its hard to back track a bike sometimes good thing i was on the gas cause its hard to see tracks otherwise.
I always miss that arrow and I've been around it like 10 times!!

ranlam

Your lucky to have that trail in your back yard. Ive been eyeing up porterfield big time, hopefully soon.

cooksend

I really need to get all my wood cut, split and stacked cause we all need to get together and rip up the Plains or Porterfield.

reiley99

Where is this?
Tried to take a ride today but we took the topend out of the kdx again. When I rebuilt it in the spring I'm betting I didn't get all the pieces of the old piston out. My bad!!!!!!

ranlam

Where is this?
Tried to take a ride today but we took the topend out of the kdx again. When I rebuilt it in the spring I'm betting I didn't get all the pieces of the old piston out. My bad!!!!!!
Wanna hear my bad....i drove to baraga plains loop trail head took a picture then loaded back up cause i forgot my freekin kick start layin on the garage shelf(took it off to fix saturday). So i drove back home put kick start on and rode to p trail and back up power line and other areas, made the best of it and had a great ride. O its muddy out big time.

reiley99

Wanna hear my bad....i drove to baraga plains loop trail head took a picture then loaded back up cause i forgot my freekin kick start layin on the garage shelf(took it off to fix saturday). So i drove back home put kick start on and rode to p trail and back up power line and other areas, made the best of it and had a great ride. O its muddy out big time.

LOL did you try to call me because my phone is broke droped it in the tub last night running bath water for my daughter.

fish633

Where is this?

200 or 220? factory pistons in the 220 are well known for grenading.replace with wiseco and never look back.

reiley99

200 or 220? factory pistons in the 220 are well known for grenading.replace with wiseco and never look back.

It's the 200 I broke the piston skirt last fall I rebuilt it this spring I noticed it was losing power and compression pretty fast this year so I took it apart pistons pretty scared already I need to send out the cylinder to have it replated.