Does this make sense?

se3racing

With the price of used sleds, I think my 06 X-Fire is worth more if I part it out. The sled has 5000 miles good shape probaly could get 3500.00 But parted out at least 4500.00 Has anyone done this, I know shipping can be a pain.

ezra

if you have more time than money than go for it but think about what your time is worth.not just pulling apart the boxing the endless ? trips to the post office.people who think you know shipping cost to bum put boondock the 65 trips to the bank with $5 to $800 checks and waiting for them to clear.but if all that is worth $1000 than do it.and yes I have been down that road usually do swaps first but I usually have broken something reel good first.ring it and run a few thousand more mi then then sell it for $3000

nickels

I had a 700 crossfire and parted it this april. Got about $7000 parting it out.Buy a scale and you can print all your shipping labels right from home.Just take paypal and price accordingly. Took me about 4 hours to tear the sled down. The only two items that are hard to ship is the hood and tunnel.

srxsrule

PayPal!! simple and easy. seen many 1-3 year old sleds parted out anymore. Post it on the sled forums and many things will get bought up real quick. Put the left overs on e-bay. Eric

polarisrider1

Sounds Good, not. ezra is correct. It is a hassle. What do you do with the stuff no one wants? This idea takes massive time. Sled forums sell about zero,(sure you all have had great results with this, not). Craigs list the large parts for pickup only. Ebay the rest and by the time you are done with shipping and ebay expenses you may make minimum wage if you don't count the value of the sled. Craigs list the whole sled and move on.