Dolly recommendation

euphoric1

I am in the market for a snowmobile dolly, saw one at a dealer on Saturday was $159.00 no brand name on it but was surprised by the price I thought rather inexpensive, I have a 07 F-1000 and 17 Eltigre 8000. looking for something descent, be able to go over inperfections in pavement without too much trouble (talking cracks, unevenness) and not have to worry abouit doing damage to underside of sled. Any recommendations or direction would be greatly appreciated.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure of what you're looking for.
This is what's commonly called a Snowmobile Dolly set.
dollies.jpg

This would be a Snowmobile Cart (I think this is what you're referring to)
cart.jpg

And lastly, here is another version. If you look closely there is a snowmobile in this picture.
lift cart.jpg

That price sounds about right to me.

Gary

euphoric1

Gary and all let me rephrase, yes think I am looking for snowmobile cart, similar to the ones they used in the trailing armed sleds with the large wheels on them, wasn't sure if they worked effectively on the newer sleds or not. see those ones at the snow show that have the smaller wheels and work on the leverage concept to lift sled but afraid they wont go up like the rise in concrete where a garage slab meets driveway, and just don't want carbides and studs to tear up pavement or garage floor. if they make the newer style ones with larger wheels that will go up differences in height on concrete or if one is better than the other, but the old style carts would be ideal just not sure if they life effectively on the newer chassis

whitedust

Gary and all let me rephrase, yes think I am looking for snowmobile cart, similar to the ones they used in the trailing armed sleds with the large wheels on them, wasn't sure if they worked effectively on the newer sleds or not. see those ones at the snow show that have the smaller wheels and work on the leverage concept to lift sled but afraid they wont go up like the rise in concrete where a garage slab meets driveway, and just don't want carbides and studs to tear up pavement or garage floor. if they make the newer style ones with larger wheels that will go up differences in height on concrete or if one is better than the other, but the old style carts would be ideal just not sure if they life effectively on the newer chassis

Yep I have an old cart from the late 90s with inflatable tires works great on modern sleds breaks down into pieces for storage in my garage attic now. It has rubber lift cushions and an adjustable cord that you change from sled to sled hooks to the rear bumper of the sled... tilt and off you go drop sled where ever.

ezra

PM maximumpsi on here . he is the US distributor for some pretty sweet dolly's.bit more $ that what has been posted here but way better product . pretty much hook your ski tip and set ski down . you can go forward reverse over humps loading in to trailer etc . pop them off is just a second pick up ski tip grab hook it is off only have to bend as far as to get ski tip off ground .he is selling a few sets to privet party's while getting other ducks in a row.

mezz

IMO, the slip on dollies are the ticket, you can use them in forward or reverse, they travel over any transitions in concrete, cracks, pits, rough pavement, gravel & grass, and, you can move the sled under it's own power. no carbide damage to driveway, sidewalks or garage floor. If your track is picked, there is a separate dolly for the track to move the sled around manually, easy to roll around, like I said previously, best $70.00 I ever spent on sled stuff.-Mezz

jime

cambridge metal and plastic

shop dolly gets you to the backyard on pneumatic tires.
caster wheel dolly gets you snugged up against the garage wall.

they are both worth having imo and big work savers for me.

1fujifilm

This would be a Snowmobile Cart (I think this is what you're referring to)
View attachment 57847

I have the cart in this photo, bought at Fleet Farm for about $129 a few years ago. You have to keep the tires inflated to lift the sleds all the way up. I added wood blocks on top of the "rubber feet" that go under the sled to lift my 17 Renegade 850 137'' last year and 600 Renegade this year. You can go over grass, over concrete transitions etc.

Tip; when you get home from a ride, let your sled cool down outside then bring it in 30 minutes later or you will have water drip on your floor and then freeze into ice.

Bear

snobuilder

So far this looks to be the best "Dolly"....
attachment.php

to borrow a "Crusher" Lisowski
i
latest

term of endearment for the ladies....

euphoric1

Thank you ! Yes 1fujifilm that's what I was referring to, I was told by someone that they would not work on newer sleds, have a buddy that wants to get rid of one, I will try as is or I will add blocks to feet if I have a problem, I keep my sleds in a storage garage and the pad is a bit higher than pavement and I don't want to be damaging the floor in unit, was hoping that that would work but wasn't sure, again I appreciate all your input. and snowbuilder... that dolly wont be lifting anything of mine :nightmare:.... not anymore

As Ezra said, I am now the exclusive importer of the new adjustable Skisaver Flex snowmobile ski wheels from Sweden. It includes large, field-tested 8" wheels and heavy gauge steel, proven over years of use in Europe, Canada and the USA.
You can see a video and more information on my web site at www.SkisaverFlex.com, including a list of dealers that will grow daily. If you don't see a dealer in your area, you can give me a call. (I will also contact John about advertising on this site.) John Gehring GrowthPoint Marketing LLC

Skisaver Flex.jpg