driving long hours

sifarmer

Whats everyone do to pass time when trailering to the next riding destination? Our wives have started whatching and renting
red box movies to shorten the drive, while us guys driving usually just crank the ipod for 10 or 11 hours. Any suggestions are welcome
to help pass the time.

I like to divide the drive into sections and set goals. 460 miles to Munising is the same if I have to drive to Indy and back twice. I make a lot better time traveling at night and early morning.

cuzzinolaf

Racial profiling! Not in a racist way though... more like trying to figure out who is driving a car before pulling up on it.

Usually just cranking up the music if alone or BS'ing the whole way.

ezra

designated driver.
and a sliding back window to put the empties in the bed of the truck

ezra

it is great to have buds who have kids not old enough to drink"legally" but old enough to drive

Polarice

How do you guys manage to drink beers on long trips? That would be stopping at each rest area or gas station! Unless of course you have a couple of empty 2 liter bottles.

Now a little or large flask...that's a different story :)

98panther

Genius, I'll have to try that.
A case and 15 y.o. junior with his learners permit at the wheel. yee haw

Last edited:

ezra

How do you guys manage to drink beers on long trips? That would be stopping at each rest area or gas station! Unless of course you have a couple of empty 2 liter bottles.

I have a army surplus porta john I only use on long long trips. nothing worse than ridding in some 3/4 ton lumber wagon when u have to go.I was at gander the other day and I see they sell red porta johns there now 4 bucks thought about buying a few for the next west road trip nothing kills time faster than stops

hemi_newman

Are you a woman??? lol..JK bud

frosty

Racial profiling! Not in a racist way though... more like trying to figure out who is driving a car before pulling up on it.

Usually just cranking up the music if alone or BS'ing the whole way.

You know Cuzz, when your asking questions and answering.....yourself, that's a sign of you being a couple cans short of a six pack! Especially when your bs'ing with yourself.

frosty

At the gas company, were not allowed to just open the service doors and fill up the gutter or curb anymore, so we now have piss bags and crap bags for a five gallon bucket with a foam toilet seat! Its pretty slick, so if you can't handle your beverage of choice, pee in the bag and it solidifies until your next stop.

So I'm taking orders, 12 to a bundle.

lvr1000

With the wife I usually have my head out the window with the stereo cranked while she is sleeping cause we drive very early am (2). About 1/2 way got to have a stop for the dogs to stretch and fuel up.
With the guys it is a BS fest all the way up and plenty of excuses on the way back as to why my Turbo spanked them! LOL

cuzzinolaf

You know Cuzz, when your asking questions and answering.....yourself, that's a sign of you being a couple cans short of a six pack! Especially when your bs'ing with yourself.

I was waiting for someone to make a comment about that.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

As done in the past stand on the running board/nerf bar and pee on the go.......I've only done this a couple times,but we've had no problem maintaining highway speeds. The last time it was snowing like crazy and my buddy driving thought he'd be funny by driving on the shoulder a little to kick up a little slush on me.

frosty

As done in the past stand on the running board/nerf bar and pee on the go.......I've only done this a couple times,but we've had no problem maintaining highway speeds. The last time it was snowing like crazy and my buddy driving thought he'd be funny by driving on the shoulder a little to kick up a little slush on me.

THAT IS TRUE TALENT! I would defintly get stage fright! That'a alot pressure at 70 mph.:D