dropping in iron river?

92 coupe

We are staying near winter for the weekend but saturday is looking like pretty solid rain. According to weather reports further north is supposed to be out of the rain path. Is there a spot to possibly unload and ride for the day around the iron river area? Have never been this far west so not sure of the area. Thanks for any help.

matti

I have a cabin in Iron River and I often see trailers parked across the highway from the Kro Bar in Brule (about 8 miles west of Iron River). Also, in Iron River there is a business across the street from the Other Place bar that I often see trailers parked at. It's right on the Tri County Corridor. I'm not sure if anyone can park in these places anytime they want, however. Lovemydobe lives in Iron River and I bet he/she can give you more specifics.

LoveMyDobe

I have a cabin in Iron River and I often see trailers parked across the highway from the Kro Bar in Brule (about 8 miles west of Iron River). Also, in Iron River there is a business across the street from the Other Place bar that I often see trailers parked at. It's right on the Tri County Corridor. I'm not sure if anyone can park in these places anytime they want, however. Lovemydobe lives in Iron River and I bet he/she can give you more specifics.
Yes those 2 places are good to park at. The one across from OP is the parts store( has gas pumps but no gas), park to the north of it or behind it. You turn north off Highway 2 at grocery store on Main street to get there. The one in Brule has a sign 2 drinks minimum, but pretty sure they don't enforce it. In Douglas County today is the Warrior Ride with tons UTV/atv on the trails, head to Bayfield County where the trails are not rutted up by them. Trails north of the corridor are best, it's also the Weenie Roast weekend at Lake Namakagon by Cable lots of traffic (I was down there Thursday and it was already busy),
matti I'm a SHE :)

Last edited:

matti

Yes those 2 places are good to park at. The one across from OP is the parts store( has gas pumps but no gas), park to the north of it or behind it. You turn north off Highway 2 at grocery store on Main street to get there. The one in Brule has a sign 2 drinks minimum, but pretty sure they don't enforce it. In Douglas County today is the Warrior Ride with tons UTV/atv on the trails, head to Bayfield County where the trails are not rutted up by them. Trails north of the corridor are best, it's also the Weenie Roast weekend at Lake Namakagon by Cable lots of traffic (I was down there Thursday and it was already busy),
matti I'm a SHE :)
Thanks!