Eagle River area pit stops?

440retro

Headed up there this weekend for the first time in many years. What are some places that are must stops, great food or great atmosphere? Anywhere in the area.

blkhwkbob

I had a friend just there and he said dining options are few and far between. I'd grab food whenever you find it.

Eagle River Wisconsin has some awesome places on the trail. If you want a cozy little bar and grill off the beaten path, I would suggest Kathan Inn. One of my favorite stops up that way as they always have a fire going so you can warm up your gloves and other clothing. Honey Bear has good bloodies and fish fries. Other great options are the Craftsman tavern which is downtown near the ice castle, so you may have to walk a block or two, this place is a little bit on the fancy side. Sweetwaters has a big bar and good food too. All depends what you are looking for. All of these places are on the trail in or near Eagle River.

indy_500

I had a friend just there and he said dining options are few and far between. I'd grab food whenever you find it.
He must have had the worst luck and picked some of the worst locations… Youre the first I’ve heard say anything like this about the area. I haven’t been to much RIGHT in town in Eagle river, but log cabin in conover, sayner pub in sayner, Stillwater’s in star lake, blink Bonnie’s, 19th hole in st germain are some of my faves. There’s tons over in Minocqua as well. Definitely NO shortage of restaurants in the southern half of Vilas county…

pclark

He must have had the worst luck and picked some of the worst locations… Youre the first I’ve heard say anything like this about the area. I haven’t been to much RIGHT in town in Eagle river, but log cabin in conover, sayner pub in sayner, Stillwater’s in star lake, blink Bonnie’s, 19th hole in st germain are some of my faves. There’s tons over in Minocqua as well. Definitely NO shortage of restaurants in the southern half of Vilas county…
Goochs and Headwaters in Boulder Junction, Bents Camp west of Lando Lakes are a few more.

1fujifilm

Eagle River Wisconsin has some awesome places on the trail. If you want a cozy little bar and grill off the beaten path, I would suggest Kathan Inn. One of my favorite stops up that way as they always have a fire going so you can warm up your gloves and other clothing. Honey Bear has good bloodies and fish fries. Other great options are the Craftsman tavern which is downtown near the ice castle, so you may have to walk a block or two, this place is a little bit on the fancy side. Sweetwaters has a big bar and good food too. All depends what you are looking for. All of these places are on the trail in or near Eagle River.
X2 for Sweetwater.

Bear

goofy600

Erin’s pub just south of the racetrack is good, all other’s mentioned already. Buckshots saloon, kickback grill are a few more. Couple more in Conover are Burnt Bridge, and Buckaton lodge. And we are all probably missing a few so as all said you have many choices.

440retro

Thank you guys for the suggestions!!! Looks like its mostly win wins no matter where we head! Any other info to take with? Places to avoid? Staying at the Derby Inn. Going to try and work our way over to the radar runs!

mjw66

Eagle River- Lumpys, Buckshots,

Conover- club 45, log cabin, wild Turkey, Bauer dam, Burnt Bridge.

All very good, but be patient all have worker shortage.