Early Season Fatality

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
ANDERSON, Wis. (WFRV) – A man from Greenville reportedly died on December 23 following a snowmobile crash in Iron County.

According to the Iron County Sheriff’s Office, on December 22 around 7:30 p.m., authorities were made aware of a snowmobile crash on trail 9. The crash happened about 1.5 miles south of Upson, in the Town of Anderson.

Officials say the snowmobile went off the trail and hit a tree. When authorities responded, the driver reportedly regained consciousness and was sent to a hospital.

The man reportedly died on December 23 from the injuries he got in the crash. The man was identified as 47-year-old Mathew Wolfgram.

He was reportedly from Greenville. No additional information was provided.

The Iron County Sheriff’s Office and Wisconsin DNR are investigating the incident.

Very sad indeed. He was the father of one of the young men my girlfriend's son played HS basketball (actually Neenah-small world Gary) with a few years ago. I believe he also has 2 daughters (and wife.) I saw him at the games and had some interaction with him. Seemed like a really nice guy and devoted. Put together a really nice video of the kids. RIP Matt.

indy_500

I do live in Greenville, but do not know the deceased. Very unfortunate to hear, prayers to the family!

Lived in Greenville from 1996-2016, bought my first house in Hortonville in 2016 and lived there until 2020 when I bought my new house in Greenville. Should probably change my profile back to Greenville.

goofy600

Don't stop sleddin before your time. You can't sled if yur dead. please back off the throttle in time....a nanosecond is all it takes.
Very good statement, it’s one thing to have fun but you have to think also. Thoughts and prayers to the family and hopefully we don’t have to hear about any of these stories anymore.

hermie

Sounds like a 13 year old girl died in Houghton county. Sounds like it was just a really sad accident no speed or anything like that. Sounds like she just tried to move over for on coming traffic and deep snow sucked her in and hit a tree. Just tragic for her and her family. RIP

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Loss of life on a snowmobile at any age is tragic but a 13 year old girl has to the worst. I can't imagine the pain the family must be feeling.

DUNCAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Authorities in Michigan are investigating a deadly snowmobile crash on New Year’s Eve.
WLUC reports troopers from the Michigan State Police Calumet Post were called to a trail just before noon in Houghton County regarding a crash involving a snowmobile.

Authorities said first responders found a 13-year-old female snowmobile driver with a serious head injury once at the scene.
According to state police, the girl appeared to be moving over to allow other snowmobiles to pass when she was pulled from the trail by deep snow.

The 13-year-old then lost control of the snowmobile and collided with a tree, police said. She was transported to a hospital but later died.
Authorities said the girl had been operating under the immediate supervision of her father.
State police did not immediately release the name of the driver, but said she was from Missouri along with her father.

The crash remains under investigation

old abe

Loss of life on a snowmobile at any age is tragic but a 13 year old girl has to the worst. I can't imagine the pain the family must be feeling.

DUNCAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Authorities in Michigan are investigating a deadly snowmobile crash on New Year’s Eve.
WLUC reports troopers from the Michigan State Police Calumet Post were called to a trail just before noon in Houghton County regarding a crash involving a snowmobile.

Authorities said first responders found a 13-year-old female snowmobile driver with a serious head injury once at the scene.
According to state police, the girl appeared to be moving over to allow other snowmobiles to pass when she was pulled from the trail by deep snow.

The 13-year-old then lost control of the snowmobile and collided with a tree, police said. She was transported to a hospital but later died.
Authorities said the girl had been operating under the immediate supervision of her father.
State police did not immediately release the name of the driver, but said she was from Missouri along with her father.

The crash remains under investigation
So very sad, RIP. May God bless those who morn.

Last edited: