East coast!

BNF CAT

Is there any good spots to sled to for scenery or views around the Moosehead Lake area or Jackman? Big bridges or anything to cross, neat photo ops???

snoluver1

Load em up boys. They're saying this one could be epic! Get it while you can, it'll probably all be gone in a week. Name of the game out east.

mrbb

Is there any good spots to sled to for scenery or views around the Moosehead Lake area or Jackman? Big bridges or anything to cross, neat photo ops???
yes lots of views and scenery, and moose and other wild life, so be careful if you ride there! MOOSE are very big critters and like to walk the trails at times, more likley to attack than a bear, 50 times more likely! LOL

seem to be having a bad yr up there this yr however on snow?? defenetly not the norm either!, they always have pretty reliable snow
so an odd yr!

Hoosier

Looks like there is now a lot of snow in the East. I know it's a large area geographically, but how is the riding out there compared to say the UP? If you could pick a place to ride out there right now, where would you go?

mrbb

Looks like there is now a lot of snow in the East. I know it's a large area geographically, but how is the riding out there compared to say the UP? If you could pick a place to ride out there right now, where would you go?

right now parts of PA have great snow and some places have so so to good snow
was just the past 3-4 days that we really got snow on the ground that is ridable and workabvle with groomers
its still rather dry power snow, so we need a slight warm up or some wet snow to pack a solid base in
as for places to ride, well, IF you like to have a lot of bar stops, I would suggest NE PA trail system, many smaller type bar/s along the trails, 200 iles of groomed trails, and RIGHT Now the best snow of the season

if you want to ride a little more remote parts of PA< but still decent trails and scenery, I would recommend the potter county/potato city area, sproul state forest and such, lots of trails there

NOW if your heading to say NY still the east LOL
Old forge area is very snowmobile friendly and a LOT of miles of trails and all sorts of trail side bars/food.places to stay and so on
they have good snow now too

TUG hill and Polaski area of ny is also a great place, and they can get HUGE lake effect snow falls, 3-5 ft at a time is NOT ot of the question a few times a yr in this area! crazy amounts at times

if I was heading more east and farther up the coast, I would say Moosehead area of maine, and the likes, same reasons, tons of miles of groomed trails, snowmobile friendly towns and access to all things by sled

I've rode a few places in NH and vermont yrs back, were nice, but wouldn't be my first pick if planning a trip
I only rode really once in MI, and that wa a bunch of yrs back
but all these area's have similar like set ups/riding likes
all these places, 90% of all riding is ON trail only more or less, minus Maine, where there was a lot more places to play off trail
issue's really are in NY and PA< that so much of the trails are on private lands, and most land owners only allow for a trail thru there lands, saves them liabality issue's, and its also the main reason we oose sections of trails all the time here, due to folks NOT staying on trail when they see fields and large open area's, even if marked all over to NOT leave the trail, sad but how it is!

ezra

starting to kick my self hard for not putting of a job I was starting last week.
had a bud begging me to jump in truck to go riding in NH on thurs . he went out to some $$$ buds land bordering the presidential range .the picks are looking deep with some fun boondocking.
W T F was I thinking work before play in feb