Edge Suspension

dew69

Trying to re-install edge suspension and having difficulties lining up the bolt holes ( front and rear). Any suggestions how this should be done?

Thanks in advance!!

02xcsp

Start the front bolts first, stick a floor jack under the track if needed. Once started, compress the suspension with a ratchet strap, works great

jmd

After getting the front bolts in,continue as 02xcsp says, but watch for the rear coupling system at the bottom where the rear shock is connected sometimes that gets pivited the wrong way. I had that problem last year with lining things up.

ezra

I have tried every way you can imagine to install a skid more times than I care to remember.the fastest and most ez way I have found hands down .if you have a hoist great if not no big deal 1hang the rear with a ratchet strap what ever get the fr of skid mounted in2 lower the rear so it is close to the height of rear mounting holes in skid2 get out impact or ratchet prob 9/16 .start tightening rear Axel adjustment bolts track will tighten up collapse suspension and your holes will line up if you over tighten or under no biggy just loosen or tighten till holes line up perfect.I can swap a track on a cat in about 1 hr buy my self the poo takes me longer but still doable in 2 hr buy your self.if some one has a better faster way I would pay to see it.I have been in pro race trailers and had guys impressed because they never thought of doing it that way and they nowl do it that way

srt20

all you gotta do is unhook the springs, and move the rear scissors arm. Of course raise and lower the sled. No need to tighten and loosen track stuff. If you cant move the arm, use a screwdriver to get it off the scissors stops. Takes about 5-10 mins to put skid in track and lower sled and install bolts.

Never seen a dealer use a strap, or compress suspension, or mess around with track.

schotz

Trying to re-install edge suspension and having difficulties lining up the bolt holes ( front and rear). Any suggestions how this should be done?

Thanks in advance!!

Throw some carpet on the floor and tip the sled on its side. It is the easiest way hands down (we have tried pretty much every other way possible). Just make sure gas tank isn't full and oil cap is on tight! :)

Line up your front holes and run those bolts in (3/8" impact works excellent). Like others have said you want to leave the rear springs loose and the rear wheels all the way forward so it slides in the track easier. Once the front bolts are installed you can line the rear bolt holes pretty easy since there is no load on the springs. With (2) people you can have the skid out/in with in 10 minutes tops.

Put it this way by tipping the sleds on the side we swapped two skids around last year in the UP in a 20' enclosed trailer in less then 30 minutes.