Enclosed trailer

2003polaris

Need opinion on an enclosed two place trailer. I have a 2003 polaris two up and a 2004 skidoo legend. Can I get by with a 7x14 ? What trailer would you recommend?

Thanks

buddah2

I don't know the ski stances on either of those sleds but I'm guessing a 7 footer would be awfully tight if not darn near impossible. 7 times 12 means trailer is 84" wide. Even if ski stances are only 41" each you're not going to have room for the edges of the cover to fit properly. Odds are at least one of the sleds might be even wider. Look for an 8 and a half footer (101".......O.K., actually 8' 5") instead. No problems there unless you run mountain skis on both sleds...........

ezra

for just halling 2 It is hard to beat a clam light weight dont take up much driveway ez to fill sleds with gas.for me I would not go with a v nose inclosed unless I was going 3place or better unless u need to use it as your shop also.I do have a bud who cant build a larger garage because he is on the lake with a small lot city would give varance.so he got a older steel 4 place inclosed and turned it in to a sled shop on the side of the house.dont think it has left its spot in 3 yrs

Last edited:

fusionfool

Need opinion on an enclosed two place trailer. I have a 2003 polaris two up and a 2004 skidoo legend. Can I get by with a 7x14 ? What trailer would you recommend?Thanks
We have a 14 RNR with two 136" track Yamaha's and have lots of room to spare. Drive in the front and out the back, one will go against one wall the the second sled staggered behind on the opposite wall. 14 foot is on the square, then you have the V nose space. See attached for sizes we have the 714PS. Call them for pricing. You will get a good deal I am sure. They have sales going on in the spring for customer built trailer. I am extremely happy with our RnR we purchased last spring. Pictures of our trailer below, I paneled and insulated the inside because I wanted to use FRP not the fiber board, or plywood they would use. RNR.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG1217-2.jpg
    CIMG1217-2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 115
  • CIMG1226.jpg
    CIMG1226.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 120
  • CIMG1216-1.jpg
    CIMG1216-1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 110

Obriengotwake

U should be fine. If you want to be sure draw out the dimensions on the garage floor and see if you can get it to work. Put the first one in facing forward and back the next on in and they will almost sit side by side and take up the length of one sled. I can get 2 sleds in a 6x14 and one is a 144" Inline even for two place is worth the extra cash by far.

rv245

We have a 14 RNR with two 136" track Yamaha's and have lots of room to spare. Drive in the front and out the back, one will go against one wall the the second sled staggered behind on the opposite wall. 14 foot is on the square, then you have the V nose space. See attached for sizes we have the 714PS. Call them for pricing. You will get a good deal I am sure. They have sales going on in the spring for customer built trailer. I am extremely happy with our RnR we purchased last spring. Pictures of our trailer below, I paneled and insulated the inside because I wanted to use FRP not the fiber board, or plywood they would use. View attachment 32327

Nice looking trailer...... I also got a RNR but it's a 16 footer. It says it's for a 2 place, but I have had 3 sleds (1-136 and 2-121) in it. I also ordered in the later spring and got a good deal on it. I just missed out by a week for an additional $500 off. I've also been extremely happy with mine. The only problem was I had one of the heads of a screw for the side door pop, probably from over tightening it. If you do decide to go with an RNR, I would get the prices of both a 14 & 16. There might not be much difference in price if of the two.

fusionfool

Nice looking trailer...... I also got a RNR but it's a 16 footer. It says it's for a 2 place, but I have had 3 sleds (1-136 and 2-121) in it. I also ordered in the later spring and got a good deal on it. I just missed out by a week for an additional $500 off. I've also been extremely happy with mine. The only problem was I had one of the heads of a screw for the side door pop, probably from over tightening it. If you do decide to go with an RNR, I would get the prices of both a 14 & 16. There might not be much difference in price if of the two.
rv245, Thanks for the compliment, as stated we are really happy with our choice. And it was under $6,000 out the door.
Last year the price difference from the 14" to the 16" was about $1500.00 if my memory serves me right. Memory may be off though. Spring special got us the camper style door handle with lock, LED lighting, and upgrade rims no charge, and yes the $500 discount. http://www.aluminumtrailers.org/?page_id=894 Call soon to find out what the special spring order is this year. I believe you have to order before mid April, but can't remember.

polaris4me

I have Legend 7 x 15 + 4' with v-nose. I drive first sled in 136" on left side( drivers side ) and back the second sled in on right side 121". Would have room for two 136". I have no front ramp(door), just a door on the right side. The rear of the second sled sticks past my side door a foot an a half. I use the v-nose to store all my gas cans, toolbox, covers, oil, spare tire. Works great for me.

Wild Bill

Need opinion on an enclosed two place trailer. I have a 2003 polaris two up and a 2004 skidoo legend. Can I get by with a 7x14 ? What trailer would you recommend?

Thanks

Best 2-Place enclosed I have had is a Triton TC11. Pulls great and super easy to load/unload sleds with fold down ramp. I prefer the fold down ramp over the hassle of a tilt trailer or a pull-out ramp. Plus the Triton tie-down bar system is super quick and easy to use. Great access from the 4x4 front access door. It holds 2-136" sleds with ease. Bought mine for $4k. Hope the info helps you.

2003polaris

What is FRP board that you used ? Going to R&R tomorrow, my company supplies the bolts and screws to them and cant even get a discount. So the 7x14 is plenty big enough? I had a 7x16 but sold it three years ago. I thought about one with out a front door, have reverse on both sleds. That is a nice package you got there. I just bought a 2012 chevy silverado, should pull just fine.

Thanks

fusionfool

What is FRP board that you used ? Going to R&R tomorrow, my company supplies the bolts and screws to them and cant even get a discount. So the 7x14 is plenty big enough? I had a 7x16 but sold it three years ago. I thought about one with out a front door, have reverse on both sleds. That is a nice package you got there. I just bought a 2012 chevy silverado, should pull just fine.

Thanks[/QU0TE]
I used FRP 0.09 (Fiber re-enforced Plastic) purchased at Menards. You will also find it at Lowes.
I would get the thickest you can find. No less than the 0.90.

skidoomatt

We have a 14 RNR with two 136" track Yamaha's and have lots of room to spare. Drive in the front and out the back, one will go against one wall the the second sled staggered behind on the opposite wall. 14 foot is on the square, then you have the V nose space. See attached for sizes we have the 714PS. Call them for pricing. You will get a good deal I am sure. They have sales going on in the spring for customer built trailer. I am extremely happy with our RnR we purchased last spring. Pictures of our trailer below, I paneled and insulated the inside because I wanted to use FRP not the fiber board, or plywood they would use. View attachment 32327

Do you have any pics of the sleds in the trailer? I'm in the market too for a trailer and have 2 136" track sleds and trying to decide between a 14' or a 16' trailer.

rv245

I have a 16 foot (not counting the V) R&R. I can get 1 - 136 and 2 - 121's in it. You'll appreciate the 2 foot extra of the 16 footer.

jlemieu1

I really like my 12 foot enclosed Floe trailer. All aluminum frame construction. NASA quality instructed welds. I had Floe trailers since 89 and I'm on my 3rd one. (16' open 3 place(ramp), 10' open 2 place(tilt), 12' gull wing enclosed tandem axle)