ethenol issues

alley mechanic

Hi all, well with this year coming to an end in a couple of weeks i have been wondering that i havent heard any body talking about ethenol issues in ther sleds this blow up poor performance starting etc just want to throw this out there to stir the pot, not sure if this is the right site to post this?.

Thanks

alley mechanic

indy_500

I have 3875 miles on this year on my 05 xc sp 500 bringing it to around 7700 miles total, put 87 10% ethanol gas in it all year. Also 2 sizes leaner on main jets from 410 to 390 still runs great. I feel more comfortable running non-ethanol gas but couldn't afford it especially when places in the U.P. want $5/gal f'n ridiculous!

alley mechanic

Thanks for that quick come back, i know on my 2000 arctic cat 580 electric start reverse if you run ethenol you have to pull the connector out of the cpu, in the outboard world ethenol on the older evenrudes ethenol os a real issue with heat soak due to the high vapor pressure of ethenol fuel in other words vapo lock.

Alley mechanic

ezra

I run it but the last rides of the yr I run non corn gas and when snow is gone I suck it all out dump a bit of vp c110race gas in the tank and run it till I can smell it burning.that stuff never goes bad if I need to take a yr off I know it is not rotting my seals and coating my parts with green sludge.

funny thing I see in home depot VP is selling quarts of premix gas for use in weed whackers and what not .i WALK PAST AND WOUNDER IF 7/8 of the people in the store even know why they should buy the VP for their stuff that sits unused for weeks at a time. or they just buy it cuz some 17 yr old idiot in a orange vest tells them to.of they think it is a rip off and cant figure out why they need to buy a new weed whacker every yr when they ran the yr before when they stuck them in the shed

Last edited:

machzdoo

I run it in everything i own . chain saws , 2 lawn mowers 2 snowmobiles 1 is a 2 stroke 1 is a 4 stroke ,weedeater, 115 horse yamaha boat motor & all my cars. I have never had a problem. I even run it in my colman lanturn.

lvr1000

I run it but the last rides of the yr I run non corn gas and when snow is gone I suck it all out dump a bit of vp c110race gas in the tank and run it till I can smell it burning.that stuff never goes bad if I need to take a yr off I know it is not rotting my seals and coating my parts with green sludge.

My VP race fuel states on the can "not to store in the vehicle, drain fuel stystem" Also states not to breath the exhaust fumes or vapors! Hmmm.......

Attachments

• 20130310_144557.jpg
    20130310_144557.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20130310_144735.jpg
    20130310_144735.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 12