Exciting Addition for Small Town Greenland.

kip

Not sure if any of you know, but we put a new building up across from the Motorsports in April. It's a 10,000 square foot commercial steel building. Two years ago I had to beg Bobcat to take a chance in the small town of Greenland. They really wanted the dealership in Houghton and they initially told me no. Once Covid started to slow up Dealer Development decided to go visit the Copper Country area, and then head down to Greenland for a gander. Upon viewing the Motorsports dealership, and doing his homework regarding our dealership he (Mike Melroe) decided to give us a shot to sell a limited line of Bobcat products. Bobcat during this time was putting in what's called GME dealers. GME dealers could sell Bobcat products such as Compact Tractors, Toolcat, UTV, SAL (small articulated loaders), Lawn Tractors, and MT stand on track units. We operated the first two years out of the Motorsports and we did very well, but we outgrew the facility quickly. After two short years we ranked off and on in the #1 and #2 position in not only our district, but Nationally as well! It was a unbelievable quick climb up the ladder. Bobcat noticed our success and have decided that they will grant us the full line of Bobcat products thus becoming a full line dealer. We're super humble and excited. It hardly seems real to have a full line Bobcat dealership coming to Greenland, MI. I want to give out a big thank you to our customers and our staff for making it all possible. If the Motorsports wasn't operating the way it has we would've never of had this opportunity. Keep working and never take no for an answer, and of course make sure you're a glutant for punishment!!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats Kip!

It is so wonderful to see business owners like you and your wife thrive because of their honesty and integrity. My only complaint is I live so far away! Of course, I'd be even more broke if I lived close by!

-John

euphoric1

congratulations Kip and your last sentence sums it up for business owners of all sizes! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! and when my wife and I were at your shop for the day during the stimulus ride, I will say WE were thoroughly impressed by you, your crew and how tight and efficient of a ship you run there and the following you have is true testament to the hard work and dedication of you and your staff!! GOOD JOB GUYS!!!

pclark

Not sure if any of you know, but we put a new building up across from the Motorsports in April. It's a 10,000 square foot commercial steel building. Two years ago I had to beg Bobcat to take a chance in the small town of Greenland. They really wanted the dealership in Houghton and they initially told me no. Once Covid started to slow up Dealer Development decided to go visit the Copper Country area, and then head down to Greenland for a gander. Upon viewing the Motorsports dealership, and doing his homework regarding our dealership he (Mike Melroe) decided to give us a shot to sell a limited line of Bobcat products. Bobcat during this time was putting in what's called GME dealers. GME dealers could sell Bobcat products such as Compact Tractors, Toolcat, UTV, SAL (small articulated loaders), Lawn Tractors, and MT stand on track units. We operated the first two years out of the Motorsports and we did very well, but we outgrew the facility quickly. After two short years we ranked off and on in the #1 and #2 position in not only our district, but Nationally as well! It was a unbelievable quick climb up the ladder. Bobcat noticed our success and have decided that they will grant us the full line of Bobcat products thus becoming a full line dealer. We're super humble and excited. It hardly seems real to have a full line Bobcat dealership coming to Greenland, MI. I want to give out a big thank you to our customers and our staff for making it all possible. If the Motorsports wasn't operating the way it has we would've never of had this opportunity. Keep working and never take no for an answer, and of course make sure you're a glutant for punishment!!
Congrats, quite a story in this day and age. ope to get up to visit your place one of these days.

chunk06

Congratulations! Is Bobcat still a controlled dealer network? Last Bobcat skid we had was a 873 20 years ago. Back then you had to buy new from "your area dealer" We have never tried another because we are not a fan of the owner. I just put some time on a Sub's new CTL the other day and really liked it

mezz

Congratulations Kip! You deserve the success, as John said, your honesty & integrity got you where you are, that is something to be proud of.

scottiking

Congrats, that’s awesome news
Keep on rocking
Great customer service and an outstanding staff is how you do it
Keep on keeping on!
Scottiking OUT

kip

Thank you all for such kind words, much appreciated. To answer your question yes it's controlled. You can buy from where you want but if your local dealer complains then we have to pay them a fee for the sale. Not the ideal situation for the selling dealer but at least we can still sell and service to those clients whom are not fans of their local dealer. Thanks again to all of you!

snoden

Congratulations Kip...Bobcat has a lot of great products. My brother and have a couple Bobcat tracked skid loaders. Two years ago we started shopping for a new mini excavator and settled on the new E88. It is such a nice machine (nice price tag too), we were able to dig a full basement foundation with it in a pinch when the cat 312 went down. With your business model you will have great success with your Bobcat franchise.

indy_500

Awesome news Kip! You guys deserve it, wish I could pop in more than once a year, your dealership is always a pleasure to visit!

old abe

Good news, great job once again Kip and company! Mike Melroe eh, the Melroe family is still involved? Surprisingly good as well, as we are in the Big Buy Out age!

kip

Thanks again to all. You're selling out Old Abe? Yes, Melroe family is stilled involved. Lots of neat history when visiting factory and older dealerships. Mike Melroe is a class act. What I enjoyed most about Bobcat Company was how family oriented they are. They really care about people and it shows in their employees. We'll cya soon hopefully Indy! Hope all is well with all of you and your families. As always thank you for such kind words. It's certainly exciting and my son Wyatt is our sales and rental manager so having him involved makes is even more exciting.

old abe

Thanks again to all. You're selling out Old Abe? Yes, Melroe family is stilled involved. Lots of neat history when visiting factory and older dealerships. Mike Melroe is a class act. What I enjoyed most about Bobcat Company was how family oriented they are. They really care about people and it shows in their employees. We'll cya soon hopefully Indy! Hope all is well with all of you and your families. As always thank you for such kind words. It's certainly exciting and my son Wyatt is our sales and rental manager so having him involved makes is even more exciting.
Me sell out? No way, we are just moving to the next generation!

nytro_rtx

Congrats Kip and family, you guys will great and have great success as always!! Hard work always pays off and it shows with your business!!

eao

I wondered about that building when I picked up my new 2022 RZR XP 1000 this past July and had forget about it. I noticed it as I was leaving and heading back to the Copper Country. duh.