Favorite Beer!

rev500

New Castle and Labatts and occasionally an ice cold Guinness. Never tried Zima, never will. Tried a lime flavored beer (think it was Miller) and one taste was enough.

frnash

From da good ol' days at MTU: Bosch Beer — called "Busch-Bosch" by da locals, eh?
That term probably derives from this old commercial jingle, from the Michigan Tech Archives (audio, 120K WAV): Busch!, Bosch!

See also:
1. From Wikipedia: Bosch Brewing Company.
2. From the Michigan Tech Archives: The Bosch Brewing Company.
3. From PastyCam: Yooper Archeology.
4. From Lindell Chocolate Shoppe: Lindell's History.

Oh yes indeedy, I did tip more than a few Bosch beers in my MTU college daze, primarily at Mike's Bar, now The Pilgrim River Steak House (About one mile south of the MTU campus on US-41.)

The Ol' MTU Pistol Club, our motto: "Drink 'til twelve, pistol too!"
happy.gif

(But only after securing the pistols and the old MTU pistol range, in the basement of the old MTU Library annex, now the Academic Offices Building Annex!)

Last edited:

duane9835

A good friend of mine that passed away a few years ago loved to drink Zima we all thought he was crazy!!!! And he would put them down with the best of them also!!!!

pat92900

Any of the brews at the Lake Superior Brewing Company in Grand Marais OR
Any of the brews at the Tahquamenon Falls Brewery

radsrh

sr22ger maybe when you get ole enough to grow pubic hair and drink beer you will tell us what yours is?? I think the rule here just for you new member is " no personal attacks " this is not grade school that you must still be in if you don't like my taste keep it to yourself.

alwaysright

usually coors but I had some Sam Adams for the first time this weekend, great full flavor. Also enjoy, blue, fat tire, new castle, and amstel. Gee I guess I'm not too picky anything with alcohol will do.

polaris_51

Busch light normally since us college kids at MTU can get a barrell from Jim's Food Mart for $63 plus tax!

At hunting camp, my uncle always gets a variety of New Glarus and my favorite would be Spotted Cow.

You can never pass up a $2.50 pint at the Keweenaw Brewing Company in Downtown Houghton!

yoopermike

Holy wha $63 bucks! I went back in the not so long ago machine and it was $48 bucks out the door at Jim's.

My favorite beer would either be Mirror Pond Pale Ale from Deschutes Brewery or New Belgium Skinny Dip.