Favorite goggles?

srt20

What's everyone's favorite goggles?

I only use goggles off trail riding, and only ride off trail out west. So super warm goggles aren't really needed. I don't have a problem with fogging. I usually get them off before I start sweating while digging out. So fans or electric aren't needed.
I use a 509 carbon fiber helmet.

I have Spy, 509, Smith, and 100% goggles right now. I like the 100% the best but they aren't a winter goggle and the lense choices are limited. The Spy goggles don't fit my face good, but they are an older pair. The 509 work great for me for just about everything EXCEPT the fit around my nose. They push my nostrils somewhat shut. To be honest I don't remember why I don't like the Smith goggles, I haven't worn them in a few years.

So I'm going to haydays and am going try some on. What do you guys like?

pez

I have the same helmet and I started using Stage goggles https://www.stageideas.com/ Last year they had their promo goggle for $20.00 with free shipping. I ordered a bunch. They do not have a nose piece, but that doesn't bother me.

srt20

I have the same helmet and I started using Stage goggles https://www.stageideas.com/ Last year they had their promo goggle for $20.00 with free shipping. I ordered a bunch. They do not have a nose piece, but that doesn't bother me.

Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about Stage.

Do the fit good in the helmet? How's the clearance around the nose? I don't have a real large nose or anything.

Hopefully I can find some to try at haydays. But it looks like they don't have dealers yet? Just the website?

indy_500

I don't waste my time with anything else except oakley crowbars. They aren't warm but I don't even take them off to dig out and they still don't fog. Won't find any at haydays though and they aren't cheap. I have one pair with rose prizms lenses and 1 with hi intensity yellow lenses. The lenses are almost impossible to scratch.

pez

Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about Stage.

Do the fit good in the helmet? How's the clearance around the nose? I don't have a real large nose or anything.

Hopefully I can find some to try at haydays. But it looks like they don't have dealers yet? Just the website?

I doubt they will be at Haydays. They fit fine for me around the nose. I have the breath deflector in the helmet also. I bought them for back ups but they are my primary.

T

Tracker

full face for everything for me....if I need a visor this is what I want

mezz

Can anybody recommend any OTG's. Have looked a little but haven't found much. Tks Rev

Scott makes a decent set of OTG's. No matter the brand, try them before you by them. Check them not only over your eyewear, but also the helmet you will be wearing.-Mezz

clark_w

First off, I have a goggle addiction, I have tried a lot of goggle brands from low end to high end, and for the most part they all work fairly well. I am on a transitions kick right now as they just make sense, if they work and makes getting ready for the day easier on what goggles lens/tint to wear and/or take with.
I have the 509 transitions which i liked until i tried the Dragon transitions, now these goggles work great and seem to adjust to the different conditions the best.

SF

srt20

First off, I have a goggle addiction, I have tried a lot of goggle brands from low end to high end, and for the most part they all work fairly well. I am on a transitions kick right now as they just make sense, if they work and makes getting ready for the day easier on what goggles lens/tint to wear and/or take with.
I have the 509 transitions which i liked until i tried the Dragon transitions, now these goggles work great and seem to adjust to the different conditions the best.

SF
I did buy a set of Dragons at Haydays. Not transitions though. The optics are fantastic, but I tried them in my helmet when I got home. Im not to sure Im going to like them. Clears my nose good, but short on the sides of my eyes. They were a cheaper pair, I forget which model.

Yeah Im not even a fan of goggles, but I own like 7-8 pair just for mtn riding. I hate wearing goggles on midwest trails.

sweeperguy

Triple 9 optics is the last pair I bought. Thick foam, really fills the helmet opening good. I like riding in below 0 temps, so the better my goggles fill the helmet the happier I Am.

srt20

Triple 9 optics is the last pair I bought. Thick foam, really fills the helmet opening good. I like riding in below 0 temps, so the better my goggles fill the helmet the happier I Am.

I did try some of those. I didn't like the optics. I thought they were distorted pretty badly. My bud has a pair. Ill try them out on the snow this winter. Its always hard to get a good feel for stuff in early sept. vs mid of Jan.

sweeperguy

I did try some of those. I didn't like the optics. I thought they were distorted pretty badly. My bud has a pair. Ill try them out on the snow this winter. Its always hard to get a good feel for stuff in early sept. vs mid of Jan.

I wear glasses and have prescription inserts. Don't notice any distortion. Could be you got a bad lense. My OTG Smith goggles, had a good yellow lense. But the replacement clear had a bad spot in it drove me nuts. Thought my night vision was going bad (real bad) all at once. Turned out to be a bad lense.

T

Tracker

Yeah Im not even a fan of goggles, but I own like 7-8 pair just for mtn riding. I hate wearing goggles on midwest trails.

Brother Breeze? Zoso? or both....LOL.....2 words and I can tell....FISHCREEK ROAD....eh?

T

Tracker

W T F are you talking about?

ok....whew....I thought ya had gone soft as this was Zoso

what area ya like to ride out west...my fav is the BITTERROOTS and LOLO PASS RANGER STATION parking lot area

srt20

ok....whew....I thought ya had gone soft as this was Zoso

what area ya like to ride out west...my fav is the BITTERROOTS and LOLO PASS RANGER STATION parking lot area

Wherever the best snow is. The closer to home the better.