Favorite spot in the UP

rodehard

I'm not going to bash the groomers, other riders, trails or the weather. I think I always loved snowmobiling because I get to see areas that are remote and beautiful. This last weekend I had the pleasure of riding trail 12 west from 109 to 3. Nothing out of the ordinary until you get past Rousseau. You go a few miles and the trail winds through some open areas so you get a wide vista. You can see the whole range off in the distance from that spot and it is outstanding. I didn't take any pictures which gives me a good excuse to go back there.

Does anybody else have favorite scenic spots?

Dave_B

Bears Den Overlook in the Sturgeon River Wilderness area. It's on trail 109 north of Sidnaw. I'd post some pictures from there but, that would take the fun out of it.

Dave

polarisrider1

Grand Marais, Mi. Is by far my favorite riding area of the UP. Drummond Island is also a favorite. Mackinaw Island is way cool also and a rarity to get to ride it. (Yes, it is legal)

Last edited:

lorna

Drummond Island, by far! It's been a couple years since they've had enough snow for us to make the drive up to ride the island.... but it's a favorite place!

staple66

Bears Den overlook has to be one of the best. Also like Agete falls ( spelled wrong I am sure ) right on the grade under the bridge.