Feb 23 Snow

pclark

3-4" here in MW this morning, it is sugar snow, which will blow off the trails quickly, hopefully we get the 4-6" more that they are predicting today. It would be nice if the groomers could get out tonight which they will to set the trails up. If you want to ride we have the snow as we have gotten about 10" of light snow since Monday night. Still a lot of ice underneath this snow so be careful.

matti

mike1970, the closest location I could find was Shell Lake (just a few miles south of Spooner). As of 9:20am, the NWS reports 9.4".

pclark

Just got done snowblowing and I would say that we (Manitowish Waters area received a total of 10-12" new snow overnight and on top of the 5-6" of snow from Tuesday that would put us in the 15"-18" total from the last 3 days which was what Accuweather was forecasting (12"-18"). We have been blessed by the Snow Gods to extend the season for awhile but it's light sugar snow but everything looks real good again, ridem if you can!

bayfly

Judging from the snow gauge at our cabin on Soo Lake, just west of Phillips, WI, it looks like the storm total was about 9 inches. Our gauge is along the north side of the lake. I’m not sure what effect the wind may have had on this reading.

BigSix

Here in northeast Green Bay, I measured in a sheltered area and got 6", 7" and 8" within about a 20' area. So average 7". The official amount for Green Bay was 10.5" which I can see because there was some settling. We did get another 2" on Friday night. Conditions see pretty nice around here and I have seen some sleds ditch banging but the only trails open in Brown County are Zone 6 in the northwest part of the county. The sun is getting very strong now. :mad: Maybe I can get the Goldwing out in March.