Feeling blue

luke_duke

Am I seeing this right...The Columbus Blue Jackets won their last 5 games and closed out Detroit for the year with a 4-0-1 record. I am just glad to see them doing well. For the record, I do not follow hockey but will now be checking them out on tv more and more now after watching the shootout win. I guess that makes me one of those hideous band-wagon guys but I assume hockey could use another fan...especially Columbus. Are they in the playoff picture? Is this Brassard kid the real deal? Bobrovsky, the goalie, seems like he is really hot according to the announcers.

ezra

Hockey what is hockey
is that some sort of thing people do who cant afford snowmobiles

anonomoose

Oh, man...short season, millionaires fighting over pieces of the pie.

Hockey used to be about how tough a team was to stand up to a season that ran from November to April. Now it starts in September (usually) and runs thru June.

Used to be no such thing as overtime or shoot outs....now it's more about entertainment and sucking pocket of fans dry.

Lost me on this one a long time ago...only read about it now...but can't remember watching a whole game.

SledTL

Uh oh fair weather boys on here...jk it's good to see more people enjoying the sport. Started playing when I was like four and I was the only one at school who knew what hockey was. When the hawks won a few years ago it was so cool to be in the sport that suddenly was "the thing" to watch.

ezra

last game I was at the stars played in st Paul.
I wanted to play hockey as a kid but my grandpa said no way! we have a cabin and toys and I am not about to give up snowmobiling 3 wheeling hunting and fishing to watch u skate around in circles every weekend.

luke_duke

Im going to watch the Blue Jackets tonight on tv from start to finish for the first time all year. This should be a sure sign for someone to bet the ranch on Vancouver tonight.

POLARISDAN

uh oh fair weather boys on here...jk it's good to see more people enjoying the sport. Started playing when i was like four and i was the only one at school who knew what hockey was. When the hawks won a few years ago it was so cool to be in the sport that suddenly was "the thing" to watch.

i grew up in mt prospect..yup played..wish i grew up in mn where i am now, every high school has a rink, we had to drive to other cites to play for them..i wulda went farther for sure..my family is in bg and the "stein"(palatine) now

SledTL

i grew up in mt prospect..yup played..wish i grew up in mn where i am now, every high school has a rink, we had to drive to other cites to play for them..i wulda went farther for sure..my family is in bg and the "stein"(palatine) now

Haha stein....I stopped playing when I got into to high school bc it is a club not an actual sport. Cross country is where it's at now

SledTL

Haha trust me the ethic mix is favoring away from the white folk more than before. And yes good ol Baldwin courts apartment complexes. I'm closer to downtown away from that

POLARISDAN

they shut down my favorite bar IDOL'S i saw last time in..guess the bartenders were dealing or something..my sister live in the neighborhood behind the jewel