Firecat problems

mike_h

i just bought an 05 f6 for my wife, sled seemed alright when i bought it i brought it home and havent really had a chance to ride it a hole lot due to lack of snow down here but it stuttared a little at full throttle but still ran good getting there but now we have snow and got it out for her to ride and it sounds like it had a fouled plug. i replaced both plugs right hand plug looked fouled irode it again with the new plugs, a little better but still not right i pulled a compression check it was ok so now i'm stumped. there are no codes coming up on the dash as in no check engine light . how do you tell if the power valves are working properly or do you guys have any other ideas. any help i can get is greatly app. as the closest dealer is 2 hours away

lotoftoys

f6

Had same issues with a Sabercat. Bad gas? I also cleaned the power valves and it ran a little better. There is a single wire in the electrical box under the hood. It has a quick connector on it. The wire is for running ethenal fuel or not. Look it up in your book. I believe all that wire does when it is hooked up is to slightly advance the timing. I keep mine connected all the time now and the sled runs perfect. Just a thought.

ezra

check the servo motor to make sure it is working should cycle when you first start sled

mike_h

thanks guys for all the help it ened up being the coil. i cleaned the valves anyway and it runs great. This saved me a alot of greif with the misses as we all know how our wives can get when we spend absurd amounts of money on our passion or is it an addiction? and thanks chad & m&m in hancok you guys are first class.