First Trip to South Range over the New Year

micelist

light 200 and people like him are the reason we WILL have speed limits and other crap pushed down our throats. Not enough sense to even slow down his closing speed when passing.. Oh well that is my job securituy as an insurance adj. Just hope he gets some one else and misses me

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chadlyt, glad you enjoyed your trip. Dave and Lori Sleeman are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and their cabins are top shelf. Awesome place to base yourself for a week of fun.

Getting passed is pretty common on the rail bed trails. There is always somebody riding a faster pace. I have passed, and been passed up there. Of course, I have never "blown" past someone, just enough speed to get by them safely. One thing that does drive me absolutely insane though is this, people who don't slow down when approaching sleds on the side of the trail. The last time we were up, my brother blew a belt on his M8. His right ski was off the trail completely. As we were working on it we heard/seen sleds coming, so we both walked to the back of the sled as they approached. They barely even slowed down, yea, I know the trail is12-14 feet wide. But c'mon, slow the heck down! You can be back to 60-70 mph within 4-5 seconds after going by us. Just a little common sense, and a little courtesy is all I ask.

packerlandrider

Chadlyt, glad you enjoyed your trip. Dave and Lori Sleeman are some of the nicest people I have ever met, and their cabins are top shelf. Awesome place to base yourself for a week of fun.

Getting passed is pretty common on the rail bed trails. There is always somebody riding a faster pace. I have passed, and been passed up there. Of course, I have never "blown" past someone, just enough speed to get by them safely. One thing that does drive me absolutely insane though is this, people who don't slow down when approaching sleds on the side of the trail. The last time we were up, my brother blew a belt on his M8. His right ski was off the trail completely. As we were working on it we heard/seen sleds coming, so we both walked to the back of the sled as they approached. They barely even slowed down, yea, I know the trail is12-14 feet wide. But c'mon, slow the heck down! You can be back to 60-70 mph within 4-5 seconds after going by us. Just a little common sense, and a little courtesy is all I ask.

Same thing happened last Wednesday to us on the Nicolet State Trail south of Carter in Forest County, Wisconisin. My unlce had dropped his hand mirror and we all pulled over to the right and had out right side skis off the trail. He walked back and picked it up and we sort of milled around for a couple minutes enjoying the view with my younger cousins. In that time two groups wiz past at atleast 40mph not more than three feet from us. One of the situations last week that made me realize why March riding up there is better, even if it is a little slushy - most of the idiots are gone by then.

coldbear

Hello ski patrol

I've had em' bump the back of my moving track 40 mph with their ski and politely go around me. NOW THAT WILL GET YOUR ATTENTION! And before you Rocket Jockies say I should have been watching the mirrors, I WAS trying to yield to them. It seems like everyone is flying these days. Guess that is just a part of snowmobiling.

chadlyt

I know speed is a part of snowmobiling. I like to go fast like anyone else, but i happen to have respect for others and think before i could do something stupid.

I do enjoy the views and i do stop often on wide openings on the trails to look around. Heck, i'd probably like cross country skiing if i weren't so dang lazy....